advertisement

Technics SL100C

Mike1965

pfm Member
I like the look of this Technics mainly because it's simple and has no pitch slider. I would like to know if it is built like a 1200 and has a removable armboard therefore possibly worth modifying?
Anyone using one? What do you think?

I like the look of this Technics mainly because it's simple and has no pitch slider. I would like to know if it is built like a 1200 and has a removable armboard therefore possibly worth modifying?
Anyone using one? What do you think?
It looks like a great choice for a trouble-free deck!

I really question how much audible difference there is between the various incarnations of the 1200. If there is very little or none, as I suspect, then the 100C is very good value for money. However, I do see the arm as a weak link in the chain. When I originally put my Ekos 2 on my SL1210-5 it was a very worthwhile upgrade. The Technics arms are fine, but if you decide to upgrade one day, a super-arm can take the deck to a very high standard indeed. The motor is second to none.

I really question how much audible difference there is between the various incarnations of the 1200. If there is very little or none, as I suspect, then the 100C is very good value for money. However, I do see the arm as a weak link in the chain. When I originally put my Ekos 2 on my SL1210-5 it was a very worthwhile upgrade. The Technics arms are fine, but if you decide to upgrade one day, a super-arm can take the deck to a very high standard indeed. The motor is second to none.
Seconded. For the longest time I had my PU7 on a modified Technics SL-1200 Mk2 and it sounded really good. Until I discovered idlers!

advertisement

Back