advertisement

Technics SL-P1200X Pro cd player

cooky1257

pfm Member
Spotted 2 of these up for grabs at a local s/h shop.
Built on the chassis of the SL 1200 mk2 turntable, seriously solid, it weighs an absolute ton .
Anyone heard one? No digital out just rca and XLR balanced.
They want £99 each.
Is it worth a punt?

Yes, if they have the
XLR Balanced Line OP's

I have one SL-P1200
ASC Version, ex BBC,
very very nice they
are!!

Good Luck!

At that price I wouldn't hesitate. However, if/when something goes wrong they may be impossible to repair (as with many things). I know you know this, but it's always worth repeating :)

Spotted 2 of these up for grabs at a local s/h shop.
Built on the chassis of the SL 1200 mk2 turntable, seriously solid, it weighs an absolute ton .
Anyone heard one? No digital out just rca and XLR balanced.
They want £99 each.
Is it worth a punt?

If you want rid of one please PM me!

Cheers
Jason

At that price I wouldn't hesitate. However, if/when something goes wrong they may be impossible to repair (as with many things). I know you know this, but it's always worth repeating :)

Their are three
common faults.

Low Emission
lazer, fixable!

Top load switch
fault, fixable!

Non working
buttons on the
keypad, fixable!

I have been able
to do all of the
above.

Check for these
faults before you
buy, offer a lower
price to cover the
repairs bill.

I have been able to do all of the above.
Congratulations! although I don't think that means that there aren't other faults that could possibly occur that might not be fixable. It might be a low risk, but it's surely still there.
Nice to know these old battleships really were battleships, though.

PS I guess Child of Tama refers to the drums rather than the river...

Congratulations! although I don't think that means that there aren't other faults that could possibly occur that might not be fixable. It might be a low risk, but it's surely still there.
Nice to know these old battleships really were battleships, though.

Thanks!

As you say but
the faults I list
are in the main
most common.

PS I guess Child of Tama refers to the drums rather than the river...

Wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5J6QAM6dGY

:)

I agree that the SL-P1200B with the balanced outputs is highly deisrable but beware - the circuit diagram/service manual for the standard variant is all over the internet, but only Technics hold copies of the document for the 'B' version and I was never able to get a copy out of them!

That said, I'd still grab both. It seems that if you don't like them, Jason will take one and I'll take the other!

I agree that the SL-P1200B with the balanced outputs is highly deisrable but beware - the circuit diagram/service manual for the standard variant is all over the internet, but only Technics hold copies of the document for the 'B' version and I was never able to get a copy out of them!

That said, I'd still grab both. It seems that if you don't like them, Jason will take one and I'll take the other!
I had two 'B' versions of these for years. When I decided to get rid, I struggled to sell them at £100 each. Fantastic units if well cared for. I did have a B version manual but think it went with the last player at the Tonbridge Audiojumble. Will check when I have time...

advertisement

Back