advertisement

Technics SL-1200M7L 50th Anniversary

MVV

pfm Member
I've got one of these, unopened and in yellow. Bought it with the vague intention of using it in a second system.
But I'm not a second system kind of person and need to get rid of clutter and I am a 'not having clutter' kind of person. Also now I have a Wii pro plus if I ever feel like a system in the bedroom one of those will be driving it.
Is it worth selling the Techy?

Sell I would say!. Otherwise you have paid for something that sounds like you may never use. I imagine you must be curious though
to hear how it sounds ? .

I’m not too bothered. It’s a neutral turntable so suspect it sounds a bit thinner than my Amadeus GTa. Goes round at the same speed.

unopened and in yellow
Their prices has not yet reached exiting levels, even their limited status.

Doubt things get crazy, we still have the ordinary mk7 and those 100C without DJ.
Many DJs believe mk7L is too plastic.

There was a color for any taste, wish they did those decks without tonearm.

Their prices has not yet reached exiting levels, even their limited status.

Doubt things get crazy, we still have the ordinary mk7 and those 100C without DJ.
Many DJs believe mk7L is too plastic.

There was a color for any taste, wish they did those decks without tonearm.
Just to check understanding, are you saying they are worth a bit less than I paid?

Not if you have patience, one day somebody want a yellow pair.
I sold my last pair, Black and White last year, the White buyer did sell his costly VPi afterwards :oops:

Thanks Per, I’m in no rush and am not bothered about making money. I’d like to come out par but I’m not bothered really.

I've not handled one in the flesh. Does it have a lot of plastic compared to, say, the 1200mk2?

Not noticeably to my eyes. I only opened mine to check it as the box took a slight hit in transit and it seemed very solid and well made. I think the pop-up cueing lamp may be plastic rather than metal, but that’s all I noticed. My criticisms are it lacks hinge-mounts for the lid and I suspect the beautiful matt paint may not look too great after years of handling. I’d be interested to see some that have been well used. I’m keeping my yellow one boxed-up for the time being, though the eventual plan is to flip it.

advertisement

Back