advertisement

Technics 1200G - my thoughts .

Ivor T said that if he was designing the LP12 again it would be a direct drive deck, it's actually getting closer to a DD with every upgrade! (now you know what to expect!)

Ivor T said that if he was designing the LP12 again it would be a direct drive deck, it's actually getting closer to a DD with every upgrade! (now you know what to expect!)

Yes, I recall that from a long lost copy of Audiophile.

Point of order though.. I'm not sure Ivor actually designed the LP12....

No issues with correct VTA here using an AT33PTG/II, how tall is the AT33EV? Technics do give some specifications for VTA height in the manual, I set mine to the suggested number for the cartridge height (16Mm I think) and it's always sounded 'right' so never messed with it.

No issues with correct VTA here using an AT33PTG/II, how tall is the AT33EV? Technics do give some specifications for VTA height in the manual, I set mine to the suggested number for the cartridge height (16Mm I think) and it's always sounded 'right' so never messed with it.

I don't think there is any difference in height between the EV and the PTG , but there was no way I could get the arm parallel to the record without resorting to an extra mat . It didn't sound "wrong" but it clearly wasn't right either .

No such problem with the Jelco which gives me a wider range of VTA adjustment .

Sorry I should have said when Ivor "improved" the Thorens TD150, actually even the single point bearing that Ivor got a patent for, is prior art, Bang & Olufsen actually.

advertisement

Back