advertisement

Teac brings back the VRDS!

Now I feel silly!

I wasn’t looking at both the XLR's! I assumed one was an XLR out digital and didn’t even spot the other one
!

Then Yes, no XLR is a deal breaker!

I would agree no AES/ABU output is a glaring omission on a transport at this price level.

I can also confirm the Moon 260D transport is exceptionally quiet.

I must admit this player interests me in particular because not only does it play CD and SACD but it includes a streamer too.
Marantz SACD30N
236600356_4309449179175864_7453163725834888176_n.jpg

Has anyone bought one yet and can comment on drive noise ? I could pop into the shop but they are probably only to order and not on demo

Be nice to see the supplied remote too

Looks nice, but does that heavyweight 'bridge' do very much? You've to remember that there was VRDS and VRDS, not all equal by any means - in fact I remember Lukas did some interesting tear downs many years ago (let me go find the bookmark ... there it is: http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/references/TEAC-T1/VRDS-T1.html ).

As for the lack of AES/EBU, it is not that different from SPDIF - unless you've meters of cable! In a domestic situation I doubt one could tell the difference.

I am wondering if I should move on my Naim CD5SX and power supply in favour of this, I could feed my WiiM mini straight into it, I would not need a DAC, so three boxes become one. But could still upgrade to a better DAC in future if needed. I am guessing that the sound would be at least as good.

Further research and I cannot see that there is a dealer with a shop where I can go and look at this unit. Maybe there is? Assuming I would have to buy online, I would need to be prepared to take advantage of my right to cancel (under regulation 29 of the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) to test the unit out in comparison with what I have but it would be better to have a loan unit from a dealer.

Further research and I cannot see that there is a dealer with a shop where I can go and look at this unit. Maybe there is? Assuming I would have to buy online, I would need to be prepared to take advantage of my right to cancel (under regulation 29 of the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013) to test the unit out in comparison with what I have but it would be better to have a loan unit from a dealer.
yes audio affair have a physical shop and so do peter tyson

advertisement

Back