advertisement

TDL Reference Standards

The seller is a genuine long-tem enthusiast who was very gracious in his exchanges with me quite a number of years back. He assisted me with finding a way to replace the tweeters in my TDL Monitors (each pair of the Monitors being about the equivalent of one of these monsters).

Around 2000/ 2001, I knew the guy who built the cabinets in Sarf London. He had a spare pair available just after JW passed. I dithered.....too late.
Nice guy, he had built cabs for the original Harbeth at that time, wooden stands for Rogers and plinths for Pink Triangle. All of which owed him money at the time by going bust etc!

What a collection!
Can anyone ID his other speakers? Interested in what those bookshelf ones are...

s-l1600.jpg

You should have seen his garden shed listening room, stacked floor to ceiling with multiple pairs of IMFs and other TLs that I can no longer remember.

The slim ones are TDL Monitors, a 4-way transmisson line that most would consider a huge speaker....just not when next to these other giants!

I had a pair....subterranean bass as standard.

There's not much else out there that does subterranean bass like a big TDL!

Trouble is, every pair of TDLs I've heard, from big to small, also seems to come with the sort of gritty, hard treble that makes your teeth hurt. Handy in a way as , if it wasn't for this, my house would probably be full of them...

The chap selling these helped me to get in touch with Axel from AOS in Germany regarding appropriate replacement tweeters after one bit the dust.

I wish I could recall what the replacements were. Worked well though and don't recall them being harsh.

advertisement

Back