advertisement

Tannoy Westminster DIY Cabinets with Vitavox DU120 Drivers

ToTo Man

the band not the dog
Discuss! :)

s-l1600.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Pretty sure these featured on here a few months ago at a physical auction (good quality Chinese repro IIRC). This seller bought them at a good price and stuck some random drivers they probably already had in to sell on at a large mark up.

Pretty sure these featured on here a few months ago at a physical auction (good quality Chinese repro IIRC). This seller bought them at a good price and stuck some random drivers they probably already had in to sell on at a large mark up.
Random drivers is a bit harsh...Vitavox DU 120s are at least as nice as Tannoys.

The Vitavox DU120 is a good driver, really only does around 50Hz > 15Khz

Bet they will sound quite good as they do need/like big cabs, heard some years ago in an Onken setup with a JBL 2405 tweeter.

Random drivers is a bit harsh...Vitavox DU 120s are at least as nice as Tannoys.
This is true I meant random drivers in terms of matching to the cabinet design. I suspect he would have put any 12" full range drivers he had in the cabs to sell on.

Whether these cabinets provide the optimal loading for the Vitavoxes I wouldn't know. Had he mentioned his logic behind pairing them together in the description I wouldn't have felt so negative about the listing.

advertisement

Back