advertisement

Tannoy Production Facility in Scotland

wow ... they took their time bringing this out .. years of folks asking where the Heck tannoy is made now . I believe the cabinets are made in Poland and drivers made in China .

A bit like steak and kidney pies in the pub - small pot of stew from a 50 litre container topped with a pastry round out of a pack of 250, all from 3663 and heated in a Microwave - "Home made"

Even if it was all made from scratch on the premises, the filling would have to be completely enclosed in pastry for it to be classed as a pie i.e. it could be eaten whilst being held in the hand. Stew/filling with some pastry on top is not a pie. (As officially-defined by me, the northern pie man).

A bit of triv: 3663 is so-named because it was the last digits of the company's phone number and those buttons - on the olde-style mobiles - also spelled FOOD.

Apologies for the thread drift.

This is all bullshit. Smoke and mirrors.

That Hamilton site is a large distribution center, not a factory. I don't know how many ways I can say this. I live here. I know where this is, I know where the old Tannoy factory was, I know where Fyne is, I know people who worked for Tannoy, I know people who work for Fyne. If you want to maintain your dreamy dream delusion feel free but Tannoy do not design and build loudspeakers in Scotland. Fyne Audio do. End of transmission.

Today, Tannoy is part of Music Tribe
Tannoy MacMusic Tribe Production Facility in Scotland & not a Suicide Net in sight
唐纳德,你的特洛伊人呢?( Donald Where's Your Troosers )

That Hamilton site is a large distribution center, not a factory. I don't know how many ways I can say this. I live here. I know where this is, I know where the old Tannoy factory was, I know where Fyne is, I know people who worked for Tannoy, I know people who work for Fyne. If you want to maintain your dreamy dream delusion feel free but Tannoy do not design and build loudspeakers in Scotland. Fyne Audio do. End of transmission.
No delusion. I saw this video on YouTube and posted here for interest. Someone may be interested where the UK Tannoy facility was and what was done there. I personally like Tannoy more for their London built speakers. Not posted specifically to rile you. :)

Today, Tannoy is part of Music Tribe
Tannoy MacMusic Tribe Production Facility in Scotland & not a Suicide Net in sight
唐纳德,你的特洛伊人呢?( Donald Where's Your Troosers )

Pff, those Chinese sweatchop sheds...

In Japan they close their ears to the truth. In fact it's not about that. It's because, as a culture, they are so well-behaved the idea of saying, "This is all bullshit. Smoke and mirrors" is not common.

I worked with Tannoy as their U.S. Importer for years, and now that I'm working with Fyne Audio, I feel like I can breath. The way that we were brought together can only be called "Is it ODD or is it GOD?" Working with a team of recognized experts in point source speaker design, including Dr. Paul Mills, is a joy. The entire team is kind, humble, honest, and hard-working. They are investing so much into technology from the ground up, and since Dr Mills is a shareholder he has a lot of latitude to try new ideas. And it works.

indeed , you cant fault them for marketing . they are at every show imaginable . I think Fyne drivers also made in china now so equal in that respect. Its good to see Fyne doing well but Tannoy still deserve a chance .

I think Fyne drivers also made in china now so equal in that respect.
The cheaper drive units are made in China but the hi-end ones are assembled in house. The main drivers that is. All the treble units are bought in but the hi-end ones are not Chinese. Can't remember where they're from.

advertisement

Back