advertisement

[WTD] Tannoy HPD/295/8 single unit

33.3rpm

pfm Member
My neighbour has given me a single HPD/295/8 (older style crossover) in what I think is a Chevening enclosure (but with HPD badge and not the older lightning style badge). The driver needs refoaming but don’t think it’s ever been touched since factory. I am looking for a single HPD/295, preferably the /8 with same style crossover. It’s a long shot, I know but perhaps someone has one?

Thanks. Looks like that one was sold some time ago though. No rush here, just another project waiting in the wings until one does show up. After a bit of research it turns out the cabinet I was given is a iiiLz sealed enclosure type and not the ported Chevening so on the lookout for one of those too. Cheers all.

Been in the same position for a couple years and gave up looking for a single driver/speaker after one of my late father’s old Chevening’s was pinched in the midst of a house move. It is a 1975 HPD 295/8 with original crossover. Ideally I’d like to make a pair again but do have other speaker build projects on the go so may be open to offers if you are still looking?

advertisement

Back