advertisement

Tannoy Autograph Minis

Look interesting but the starting bid is higher than what I paid for my mint DMT15's.

I never even knew these existed until the WW show ... yes, the price is about 50% of the new were they still available ... but they were utterly amazing to hear. Truly stunning treble.

I never even knew these existed until the WW show ... yes, the price is about 50% of the new were they still available ... but they were utterly amazing to hear. Truly stunning treble.

There's much to be said for dual concentric, single point source Tannoy's. Love to hear a pair of those mini-Autos someday, the smaller driver I'm sure offers some benefit.

15 inchers give you the scale. The Minis give you the sweetness.

The 10 inchers like the Kensington or Turnberry are just right.

Look interesting but the starting bid is higher than what I paid for my mint DMT15's.

Wow, you must have got an exceptional price on the DMTs! They usually go for at least twice that unless they are tatty / abused.

Steven,

15 inchers give you the scale. The Minis give you the sweetness.
hero_smallbig.jpg

Yeah, they really are at opposite ends of the continuum.

Joe

It would be interesting to compare the studio series to prestige, I've heard they're different. I really like the 10 inch System 1000's in the basement too!

How do you find the DMT and System 1000 stack up against each other? I'd like to hear a pair of the active 800s or 1000s, I suspect they could be rather good.

How do you find the DMT and System 1000 stack up against each other? I'd like to hear a pair of the active 800s or 1000s, I suspect they could be rather good.

I like them both, never directly compared them in the same room with the same amp. I use a lesser amp with the 15's but same source. I can easily listen to either without feeling I'm missing much between the two. I do enjoy the times I get to listen actively to the 15's, which is usually when no one is home. The 1000's get way more active listening time being in the basement.

I think they both use a very similar tweeter, so have a very similar house sound.

advertisement

Back