advertisement

TAG McLaren T20 tuner - worth pursuing?

DNZ

Not sure if this brand is considered classic yet...anyway..

In my hunt for a good quality FM tuner with remote I might be able to get my hands on a TAG McLaren T20 but I'm wondering if they are (or were when they were current) considered to be decent tuners.

I've got one. It's probably my best sounding source. Very good indeed. It needs a good aerial, though.

TAG McLaren Audio was formed in 1997 when the company acquired Cambridge Systems Technology, the designer and manufacturer of the superb Audiolab 8000T tuner. The February 1999 issue of Stereoplay magazine said: "the TAG McLaren Audio tuner has . . . written itself into the list of all-time greats like Sequerra, Wieschoff [sic], [Klein + Hummel] FM 2002 and Wega Lab Zero," but that's about all we know about it. Please post in our FMtuners group if you have any information about it.

Not sure if this brand is considered classic yet...anyway..

In my hunt for a good quality FM tuner with remote I might be able to get my hands on a TAG McLaren T20 but I'm wondering if they are (or were when they were current) considered to be decent tuners.
If it's a reasonable price I think it would be an excellent buy. As I mentioned in the other thread it is an Audiolab 8000T in a TAG box and having heard the 8000T I would have no doubt about buying one if I was looking for a tuner đź‘Ť
I think the TAG looks better than the Audiolab too :)

advertisement

Back