advertisement

[FS] TAD ME1 Speakers with stands. £8000 delivered.

badger748

Former bacon enthusiast
For sale: -

TAD Labs Micro Evolution 1 (ME1-S) Loudspeakers & TAD ST3-S Stands
The finish is the titanium, which is a cost extra. Mint and immaculate condition.

Many review of these on internet and YouTube. A standmount, but goes low and has real authority.
Very heavy.....

Purchased from UK TAD dealer, by me, brand new 2021.
Current retail is £13,500. I believe you can only get them in black now as well.
Come with ALL paperwork, boxes, various floor "spikes" and purchase receipt.

Rather than disassemble them and box them back up and risk couriers, they will be delivered by me anywhere in the UK. They will be carefully packaged with stands in place, but actual speaker in box.
Fixing the very heavy stands is a very time consuming thing - so a lot easier to deliver assembled, plus I have a Volvo V90 estate!

Fixed price. No offers. There are only 2 other pairs of these for sale worldwide in this colour. One is Canada, one Europe - at similar price. Price includes UK delivery remember. If you want to come and listen or get them yourself then I'm near Battle in East Sussex.

Selling as I've bought another car and my hifi adventure has really reached a conclusion now.

BACS only. £8000.00

Thanks for looking,
Lee

Update. Answer a few questions I've been asked.

1. Yes the THREE boxes are all mint condition - given their size they are in storage - hence not in the photos.
2. You get various sizes of spikes included. It is 3 per speaker and also 2 additional adjustable stabilising points on the base of the stand.
3. Whilst the tweeter has a grill cover the woofer doesn't. TAD do not include this with the speaker, but they do make an optional one to buy. I have enquired how much this will cost.
4. The waiting list for these is over a year - and you can;t get them in titanium any more.
5. Now on eBay as well - at higher cost and without free delivery.

The main thing I kepe being asked is why am I selling these? Well, I got them after getting out of a completely different system (valves and efficient speakers). I heard them at Nintronics and they blew me away. I ordered them and waited..and waited...and waited. In the meantime, I moved house. So I went from a high ceiling, big aquare room with very solid floors and walls, to a very old cottage, the living room is long and narrow, bouncy floors and very low ceilings.

The old addage about the room being tyhe single biggest factor in how a hi-fi system sounds is sadly true. I just can't get these speakers - or any others - to work in this room. And i'm not moving house any time soon either. I intend to go down the route of digital, active, DSP, etc.

So there is nothing at all lacking with the TAD's (and or the REL I paired them with), it's just the bloody room and this in turn has led me to being fed up with hi-fi generally. The malaise has set in and I need/waqnt to make changes to a simpler solution that stands half a chance of working. So 3 things have collided - the room, the lack of interest in high-end audio, and also buying two cars! I hope that clears this up.

More pix to follow.

I'll give you a kidney and some of my liver for the speakers and sub.
Seriously, lovely speakers and I can dream. Have a bump.
Glws.

There aren't many standmounts that I would take the blankety blank cheque pen and book out for, but having done 3-4hr of listening to a pair of these (on a very good system), I would if I could.

GLWS.

As an aside, I had similar issues with speaker/room interaction, they were brought largely under control by using some of the Seismic Platforms/bars from Townshend. Just in case you need ideas at a later date.

There aren't many standmounts that I would take the blankety blank cheque pen and book out for, but having done 3-4hr of listening to a pair of these (on a very good system), I would if I could.

GLWS.

As an aside, I had similar issues with speaker/room interaction, they were brought largely under control by using some of the Seismic Platforms/bars from Townshend. Just in case you need ideas at a later date.
Thanks for your comments!

I too have heard them sounding totally brilliant in other systems - in other rooms. I’ve also heard them sounding equally good with exactly the same equipment I have!

But in my room they just don’t deliver the same outcome / performance - but then literally everything I’ve had in here flops. The room is the problem clearly.

If they don’t sell I will happily take them to our new place when we move in 4-5 years time. Even if the room is dead I will gets the pro’s in to fix it. I can’t do much with the room where we are, plus we’ll only be here a few years.

Given the state of the world in 2022 it’s a first world problem, hence reaching out to see if there’s a buyer. I can just run something like a KEF LS60 for the next few years and pick up on hifi again when I settle for good as said above.

thanks again
Lee

Perhaps loan them to someone and take them with you when you move. They’ll probably prefer use to storage. Unless you need the money of course. Something this good you could perhaps rent instead of loan :)

Final price reduction. BACS payment. Collection from RH4 (boxed up) or TN19 (out of box view before boxing) £7500.00

Re-visiting this listing.
Potentially back up for sale. House move on the much nearer horizon....
Few additional points to note.

1. I bought the grills that cover the woofers - not in pix (until I do new ones), but very much worth having for safety.
2. They took a year to run in. Now sounding way better than even with 5-600 hours on them.

Price still fixed at £7500. BACS. No offers.
Cheers
Lee

advertisement

Back