advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current setup:

4eguhavu.jpg

I like that aesthetic too, but I have a thing for bug airy space with nothing in it... do you step on the silver box to cue up records or lean in front of it or is there another way at it?

The silver box provides an appropriate seat from which to cue records :)

I have tidied up since the photo and record deck sits directly on the stand with the power supplies moved to a shelf below

The silver box provides an appropriate seat from which to cue records :)

I have tidied up since the photo and record deck sits directly on the stand with the power supplies moved to a shelf below

Good job it was a right mess:p

Joking aside, it's a lovely looking space.

Amazing looking listening room! With no visible curtains,rugs,pictures,plants,bookcases etc and wooden flooring isnt the room very echoey?

My wife enjoys her sounds as much as I do :)

The speakers are line dipoles so there is little reflected energy and it doesn't sound 'boxy' or 'echo-ey'. There are low level CD shelves on one side and records on the other side; the start of the CD ones can be seen on the right of the picture. Speakers are also fairly far from the back and side walls - 7 feet or so from the back wall and 4 and a bit from the nearest side walls, which helps. Have tried speakers with 'room dampening' but it didn't sound as good as without!

Sir, I am in awe of your immense efforts to decouple the devialet remote control from the debilitating and detrimental effects of external vibrations. Others here may see a fairly large leather-clad pouffe, but I know deep down, you care about vibration isolation migrating back to the bathroom scales on your (largely empty) equipment isolation platforms. A testament to moving with the times but still tweaking like a mofo.

hats off sir, you are hardcore

Ps nice room.

It's a Naim fraim disguised as a leather pouffe - no point messing around with remote control isolation :D

Faux, may I ask what phono stage you are using with your deck? I too have a Uniti1 and have been pondering adding a deck at some point. Looks nice, and simple is nice too! Tim

Faux, may I ask what phono stage you are using with your deck? I too have a Uniti1 and have been pondering adding a deck at some point. Looks nice, and simple is nice too! Tim

Hi Tim.
Thanks, it is a simple system but it covers all bases and to my ears does it well.
I am using a Staigeline (N) powered from the Uniti. It was second hand and relatively cheap. I have placed it just left of the LP12.
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back