advertisement

System pics 2013 - part II

201311212240477600.jpg

Andrew - that's way too tidy!! Looking very neat. :)

Mines so scruffy it has to be photo'd in the dark...

Puresound A30:

PL-71/KEL84:

Nice pics, what was the cam settings used for the PL71. I'd love to try something like that. I have a lowly Nikon D40 but perhaps I could give it a go.

Nice pics, what was the cam settings used for the PL71. I'd love to try something like that. I have a lowly Nikon D40 but perhaps I could give it a go.

Thanks Andrew - looking at the exif info on the original Flickr image it was:

Camera - Fuji X100

Settings:

1/40 sec
F2.0
ISO 1600

Cheers, will have a go.

Was the lens length? If that's the correct term?

The Fuji's lens is fixed focal length, 23mm (equivalent to 35mm in full-frame). Your Nikon has the same crop factor ie 1.5x so if, for example you were using a 50mm lens it would be the equivalent of 75mm in old 35mm film cameras.

Hope that makes sense (I confuse myself half the time - never mind other folk!). :D

The Fuji's lens is fixed focal length, 23mm (equivalent to 35mm in full-frame). Your Nikon has the same crop factor ie 1.5x so if, for example you were using a 50mm lens it would be the equivalent of 75mm in old 35mm film cameras.

Hope that makes sense (I confuse myself half the time - never mind other folk!). :D

Ok, I have lens that goes from 18mm to 55 (and a fixed 50mm and a 55-200).

I'll set the lens to 23mm and give it a go.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, I have lens that goes from 18mm to 55 (and a fixed 50mm and a 55-200).

I'll set the lens to 23mm and give it a go.

Thanks for the help.

advertisement

Back