advertisement

[SWAP] Swap/PX/ Naim/Linn/Technics/SME

kirstysdad

Can't remember member
Increasingly, due to changed circumstances and changing hearing/increasing tinnitus, I can't quite appreciate my kit as I used to do.
I am not going deaf, they have assured me!!!!
I could do with going to a streaming source and to downgrade my turntable(s) because I can't tell the difference anymore.
So there's a LP12/Syrinx PU3 and a Technics SL150/SME3009. I have a basic Golding catridge that I will keep.
Naim NAC72S plus HiCap (and an Avondale power amp that I might hold onto for now 'cos it's really loud and I'm not going deaf!!)

This is to provoke a discussion/interest, as I am struggling to know how to price anything and when I have tried to advertise in the past I just give up. I was once a big enthusiast, worked in a hifi dealers, but...

I am looking for:
Bluesound Node thing, I guess, unless anyone can suggest better (I see Wiim in the news?)
Perhaps a simple Rega T/t?
Preamp with m/m phono stage.

Any suggestions, or advice is much appreciated. I just want to simplify and enjoy my music.

Last edited:
On the Shropshire-Powys border.
Happy to travel a bit as appreciate I'm almost in the middle of nowhere.

How old is the LP12 and what spec, this will help with the value.
It's late 1980 just prior to the Nirvana upgrade.
Black bearing, sprung hinged clear lid although the plinth is stamped internally as 1979 so still has the lid prop stop.
I bought it in 1993 from a Linn dealer in Bristol and the late Bob Griffin of Griffin Audio, Birmingham put a Valhalla board into it (receipted).
Perhaps 20 years ago the rubber grommets etc. were replaced...
Other than oil changes it is unmodified.
It keeps a steady 33 1/3 rpm. Has a 45 pulley adapter.
Has a Linn mount/sized armboard that has a Syrinx PU3 on it.

It seems to me that it's down to how much you are willing to accept if you go down the sale route. I personally have Syrinx PU3 on my turntable. It's in pristine condition and much sought after, I also have its original box with everything that the arm came with. I personally would not let it go for much less than £700. The LP12 may be worth around £550, but then again I may be way off the mark under the current vinyl resurgence.

I’d suspect you’d get more for the LP12 if it’s working well.

I have a Node thingy and a dac thingy if you fancy a straight purchase.

advertisement

Back