advertisement

Svs isolation feet

valvenut

pfm Member
Anyone used these under speakers I have heavy floor standers with rubber ice hockey picks under . Just wondering if the svs isolation feet will help compared to what I am using thanks

I use them under an SVS sub in an AV system.

Big improvement with unwanted room interaction - massive reduction in buzzes and rattles.

Thanks for the replies, I was wondering if they will be any better than rubber hockey pucks . I did notice an improvement,with less room bass . But not sure if these devices will make a further improvement cheers

Thanks for the replies, I was wondering if they will be any better than rubber hockey pucks . I did notice an improvement,with less room bass . But not sure if these devices will make a further improvement cheers
They are transmission line speakers so go very deep in the bass.

Probably worth giving them a go. Being SVS, they are not silly overpriced and likely work.

Yeah, I was thinking that but not sure if these are just rubber blocks which is what I have now really

They are much squishier than the hockey pucks I have used in the past on other non audio projects (on the top of axle stands whilst supporting a car renovation job)

T
They are much squishier than the hockey pucks I have used in the past on other non audio projects (on the top of axle stands whilst supporting a car renovation job)
Thanks for that info. Are they easy to slide on surfaces/ carpet. Hockey picks are definitely not cheers

I haven’t used them under speakers, assuming the correct weight reckon they’d work just fine but might compress more than is optimal. They appear aimed more at buzz/rattle reduction rather than full isolation. Under speakers I’ve used/currently use Townshend and IsoAcoustic products with excellent results.

I use SVS subs and bought the SVS feet to try under them, happy with them so haven’t bothered trying the Town/IsoA stuff.

Pic of top and bottom.

I haven’t used them under speakers, assuming the correct weight reckon they’d work just fine but might compress more than is optimal. They appear aimed more at buzz/rattle reduction rather than full isolation. Under speakers I’ve used/currently use Townshend and IsoAcoustic products with excellent results.

I use SVS subs and bought the SVS feet to try under them, happy with them so haven’t bothered trying the Town/IsoA stuff.

Pic of top and bottom.

Thanks, my speakers are heavy imf tls80's. Always fancied the Townsend stuff just out of my reach price wise

Thanks, my speakers are heavy imf tls80's. Always fancied the Townsend stuff just out of my reach price wise
I hung around for ages for a used pair to turn up, was about to buy from Townshend direct (ping them and you’ll get a very good % discount) when the exact size/load podiums popped up on eBay half rrp. The best accessory I have bought in 4 decades, wouldn’t be without them, 100% work as advertised - definitely not snake oil.

The GAIA feet would be my 2nd choice.

Thanks
I hung around for ages for a used pair to turn up, was about to buy from Townshend direct (ping them and you’ll get a very good % discount) when the exact size/load podiums popped up on eBay half rrp. The best accessory I have bought in 4 decades, wouldn’t be without them, 100% work as advertised - definitely not snake oil.

The GAIA feet would be my 2nd choice.
Thanks for that, did wonder about a DIY version. As the prices are out of reach for me really

T

Thanks for that info. Are they easy to slide on surfaces/ carpet. Hockey picks are definitely not cheers
On a hard surface such as tiles, wood, laminate or in a unit (that’s where my SVS sub lives) you need to lift slightly to enable attached item to slide.

I would imagine on carpet they will slide slightly easier.

I fitted these to my SB16. I was skeptical; they really don't look like anything special but they made a very noticable difference, stopping the loose panes in my windows from rattling, and saving me the ball ache of removing and replacing the putty. Definitely recommended.

I cannot see anywhere the amount of weight each SVS foot is designed to support. They are a simple mechanical device; there must be an optimal amount of squish at which they work properly.

An SB-1000 Pro subwoofer weighs 11.8kg, while an SB-16 Ultra weighs 55kg - yet both supposedly work with 4 isolating feet.

If the weight range within which the feet work properly is not specified, how is the user to know how many feet to use per speaker?

advertisement

Back