advertisement

Supernait 2 + TP Supercap

zipperheadbanjo

pfm Member
I decided to take a flyer last night and disconnected my TP Supercap from my Superline, and connected it to my Supernait 2. Good choice as the global improvement to my system was rather staggering. Big improvement to my NDX 2, and the Superline / RP10 sounds just as good to my ears powered from the Supernait 2... everything seems more balanced now. In theory I should be giving up a little bit on the analog side with this set up, but I don't hear it, and the gain to the digital side is immense.

My question though is this. I've never heard of anyone powering a Supernait from a Supercap. Is it possible that I would be feeding too much current to the Supernait. Just because it can be done... should it be done?

I'm left pondering other TP power supplies.... maybe a Tcap for the phono stage and an TP XPS for the NDX 2?

I'd be asking if its safe to power both the Supernait and Superline simultaneously ?
The Superline connected with Bundy, SN with SNAIC.

I've no experience with any of the models mentioned, so strictly 'just asking', but the SN will use 2 rails of power, the Superline lots more.

I'd be asking if its safe to power both the Supernait and Superline simultaneously ?
The Superline connected with Bundy, SN with SNAIC.

I've no experience with any of the models mentioned, so strictly 'just asking', but the SN will use 2 rails of power, the Superline lots more.
I’m not powering both simultaneously from the SC... the SC is powering the Supernait... the phone stage is being powered by the supernait.

you can't power both simultaneously, unfortch.

but on the brighter side, you won't damage the SN by powering it with the Supercap. indeed, i've heard of folks powering Stagelines with Supercaps with good results (supposedly) and no problems.

years ago, when i added a Hicap to my then-Nait 5 and Stageline, i had a similar experience to the one you describe, ZHB. good stuff!

I've tried both a SC2 and SC2DR on a SN2 and although it's 'impressive', i didn't like the result after extended listening.

Seems like an expensive way to do something a HiCap DR would do. I also have a SN2. Haven't tried it with a HiCap DR, but it's definitely something I'd like to hear.

In my case it didn't cost anything. The SC was already in use powering my Superline. Now it's powering my Supernait 2. To my ears, the gains achieved by powering the pre side of the integrated are significant. I don't miss the SC on the Superline at all... I know I would miss the gains achieved by putting the power supply directly onto the integrated. I have no idea if the Supernait can even benefit from all the SC can provide.. I suspect it can't. Still sounds really good :)

Supercaps can power two items, I know I've done it, snaxo and 72 in my case. They say it can't, it does and it sounded super, naim unorthodox but don't undertake unless you know what you are doing.
Apparently not good for correct signal earthing but I had no probs

advertisement

Back