advertisement

Supatrac: the world's best tonearm?

I am not a big U2 fan either, but I strongly support exhibitors playing what they actually like rather than the safe stuff. It makes a more interesting show, and you can mostly still assess a system by listening around the music if you don't like it. I find the ubiquity of club jazz a bit dull and the breathy woful female vocal paedobaiting tiresome when not sickening. That said, I have started playing a bit of Aldous Harding for the show-off production, but it's not the worst of that genre. Sadly nobody plays the Stranglers.

I don't know what the correct collective noun is, but here's an effective mass of tone-arm producers:
gomezkuzmabraine.jpg

I loved meeting my heroes at Munich this year! They were all very friendly and I have great admiration for their knowledge and experience.

I don't know what the correct collective noun is, but here's an effective mass of tone-arm producers:
gomezkuzmabraine.jpg

I loved meeting my heroes at Munich this year! They were all very friendly and I have great admiration for their knowledge and experience.
Who are they?

I am not a big U2 fan either, but I strongly support exhibitors playing what they actually like rather than the safe stuff. It makes a more interesting show, and you can mostly still assess a system by listening around the music if you don't like it. I find the ubiquity of club jazz a bit dull and the breathy woful female vocal paedobaiting tiresome when not sickening. That said, I have started playing a bit of Aldous Harding for the show-off production, but it's not the worst of that genre. Sadly nobody plays the Stranglers.
Agree music at shows can be woeful. I applaud SD for playing rainbow at the Ascot show 👏

Can you confirm that this arm can be used on an LP12 with the lid closed? The counterweight assembly is quite wide, I’m wondering if it’ll touch the dust cover when playing the inner grooves?

Can you confirm that this arm can be used on an LP12 with the lid closed? The counterweight assembly is quite wide, I’m wondering if it’ll touch the dust cover when playing the inner grooves?

Speak of the devil - I've just been discussing this with my Antipodean distributor. I abandoned this requirement for the Nighthawk, but we may have been lucky. I'll try to find time to test this in meatspace tonight as I'm testing a 9 inch Nighthawk and can slot it into my Ekos collar. Pester me if I don't get back to you on this within 24 hours.

Slightly off thread but I'd like to compare the GPA with Brinkmann and Primary Control DDTT's. All fitted out with Farpoints and the same decent MC would be interesting.
Brinkmann & Primary control share the same Langer OEM Motor
GPA designer told me they use a bespoke mil spec motor that costs a small fortune $5000 with bespoke softwave
GPA in a class with $250k Wilson Bensch & OMA direct drives

To be clear: the Nighthawk fits under the Sondek lid throughout the playback of an LP side. I did not know this because as I have stated, I relaxed this requirement for the Nighthawk so I have never checked. The gap is smaller, but perfectly adequate.

When I have time I will test on Technics and Rega too, but this bodes well. Notice that the Nighthawk thrustbox has both rear corners truncated for the sake of clearance.

advertisement

Back