advertisement

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

I’ll bump this thread with this wonderful live performance that just popped up on my YouTube recommendations.

PS He absolutely amazes me. One of the best and most prolific pop/rock/folk/electronica or whatever the hell it is writers ever IMHO. Prince/Zappa-grade creativity that I find impossible to comprehend. He just churns out hour upon hour upon hour of genius-grade music, the recent The Ascension being spectacularly good, but just one great album in a huge catalogue. His father died very recently and his reaction was a five-album electronica box set. I’ve just ordered it.

I just listened to my vinyl copy of The Ascension last night and I agree, it's fabulous. Great package too - tip-on gatefold, Clear Pallas pressed vinyl, download card, artwork booklet and separate artwork piece.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I finally got round to the credits on Ascension and see he has one of these (as do I)‚the Sequential Prophet X. So I was probably right! This is my favourite synthesiser at the mo.

sequential-prophet-x-synthesizer-1223391.jpg

Stephen

advertisement

Back