Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Stylus force gauge

Discussion in 'audio' started by mikegreenwood, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Timcat

Timcat pfm Member

I have one of the inexpensive electronic balances and a Shure SFG-2, which I bought in the 70s, and they give consistent results.

MikeMA likes this.
  2. worz

worz pfm Member

Hi all ,what's the go to stylus gauge for accuracy and value
    Regards Martin

3. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Scroll down a few pages to...

I find a Chinese electronic one off eBay for a tenner or so few years ago does all I need

4. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

The cheapest one - I'd bet that there are only one or two Chinese factories making them, only the colour and the badge on them changes.

Jamie likes this.
  5. worz

worz pfm Member

I was thinking of the one made but ortofon not the electronic ones ,cheap skate I no lol

6. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

Parallility!!! I understand shite but what language is that?

7. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Change that first 'i' to an 'e' and then it is an English word that refers to the condition of being parallel.

The Scottish translation would be 'hurkle-durkle', as in, Set your tonearm to hurkle-durkle on the plinth.

8. Fergus

Fergus pfm Member

Thanks. Now I understand. It’s like paralytic! Something else the Scots understand, being horizontal.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    mjkelshaw likes this.