advertisement

Stuff you can't have for aesthetic reasons

Can't say I've ever been restricted in my penchant for large loudspeakers and wall-mounted kit. I had hifi long before either of my wives and they blended in rather than the converse. This over 5 houses and six rooms. Have never come across any hifi item entitled 'compromise'.

I'm guessing there's a few wouldn't give this houseroom then ? It's actually 2 FET compressors and 2 Optical compressors in one box used for mastering.
shadow_hw_front_hq.jpg

Is that a Spider's head..... or an amplifier?

I've got to be honest and say I couldn't have them in my life, but fair play to those who do and are happy with them.
as soon as I have a bigger living room, Ill be getting a pair and restaure them.
my shl5+ are good for a bedroom system but a 15 inch based loudspeaker is the way to go imo

I was going to suggest something like a cow in formalin, or some such, in the middle of the lounge, but I see we are sticking to hifi.....

Love me, love my toys, or at least live with them without objection. I can't imagine anything that would fit and be a realistic option, that would not find a home here.

Mrs. B is remarkably tolerant of all the equipment that comes in and out of Beobloke Towers. It was actually her suggestion that I should install the Nak TX-1000 in the lounge rather than hiding it in my listening room (although I supsect this may have been partly to do with her not wanting to have to help me carry it up the stairs!).

As to speakers, she likes our current Mowgan Audio Ogmas and extensive disussions on our "forever" speakers that will be purchased one day have led her to say no to the B&O Beolab 90s on aesthetic grounds, but a surprisingly enthusiastic yes to the Meridian DSP-8000s. I love both so it seems churlish to argue...

Hello Beobloke,

Are you in the UK? I work for the oldest Bang & Olufsen dealer in the UK based in Bournemouth. We have the stunning BeoLab 90's housed within our showroom, honestly at first glance I was extremely sceptical about the design, but it has warmed to us all at the showroom over time. The BeoLab 90, as you may be aware has a customisable design - perhaps if you're local yourself and Mrs. B should visit our showroom.

They'll blow you both away.

Cheers for now,

Alex

Hello Beobloke,

honestly at first glance I was extremely sceptical about the design, but it has warmed to us all at the showroom over time. The BeoLab 90, as you may be aware has a customisable design - perhaps if you're local yourself and Mrs. B should visit our showroom.Alex

They look like a large golf bag and at £57,000 that is unacceptable, even if they do sound amazing.

advertisement

Back