advertisement

Streaming Via Rega Mira advice??

paolo191

pfm Member
Several years ago I gave my old Rega system -P3, CDP, Mira amp and Ela speakers to my sister in law.

Lately she's fallen into the Alexa thing and it seems a shame the system isn't being used very much.

To encourage her to use the system again (via Spotify on her iphone) I need to suggest a simple, Wireless, reliable and cost effective purchase.

Option One - A wireless dac thingy - Suggestions please as I dont understand much about Streaming?

Option 2 - Sell the Mira and replace with new all in one amp - wireless DAC Phono etc
Marantz, Denon and Cambridge Audio stuff all around £350/£400.

Thought please?

WiiM Mini. If she is not bothered about ultimate fidelity then the internal DAC is perfectly adequate & it has Spotify & Tidal Connect built in.

Another vote from a new convert for the Wiim Mini.Great piece of kit. You could spend a lot of time with the Mira's Dac before ever considering trying an external one too. I think you'll find the Mini widely discounted at present, ahead of the introduction of the new model.

Thanks for the suggestions.
The Yamaha looks a straightforward RCA connection.
Does the WiiM need a jack to RCA?

If she has echo dots then you can connect one of them via its aux out to the amp.
Just tell Alexa to play your Spotify playlist.
If you want better fidelity then the Wiim mini or chromecast audio will work well on the cheap.

If she has echo dots then you can connect one of them via its aux out to the amp.
Just tell Alexa to play your Spotify playlist.
If you want better fidelity then the Wiim mini or chromecast audio will work well on the cheap.

Can you? I didn’t know that!

Wiim Mini is great, you need to link it to an Echo Dot to Alexa voice enable it though.

Can you? I didn’t know that!

Wiim Mini is great, you need to link it to an Echo Dot to Alexa voice enable it though.
Yes, just bypassing the dots speaker.
Really handy for my kids as they can’t be arsed with any interface other than voice lol.
Obviously not as good sound quality wise but to any normal person (non audiophile) sounds absolutely fine.

advertisement

Back