advertisement

Streamer vs high end CDP: Results of bakeoff

Except that didn't seem to be the point of the bake-off, not sure why you mentioned it.

It was probably a small turnout because you ignored or dismissed most of the posts in your original thread. I thought what you were trying to do was quite interesting but as I understood how you explained it, it did appear different people interpreted your plans in different ways.

I hope you got from it whatever you wanted. It seemed easy enough to work it all out and nothing controversial has come out of it. Steven generalised and as usual, a generalisation isn't worth a great deal.
But isn't this the conclusion that was arrived at by the guy who ran the test, he generalised also by stating steven's original post was wrong based on his conclusion meaning that no high end cd player can outperform a streamer, it's the same generalisation but in the opposite direction based on this one particular cd player & streamer, it' has to be the worst generalisation in the history of generalisations where audio is concerned, even scientists repeat & repeat again until they have a common end.

I just have no idea why this test was ran, there will never be a way of performing a test such as this that will conclude one way is better.

All there will be is theories by the streaming crowd claiming it has to be better because they have dumped all of their cd's so it just has to be doesn't it, please, please let it be better :)

All digital sources loose data over a period of time.
Bytes drop off as it were.
A CD looses information in the same way that a hard disk looses information SSD will suffer the same losses as well.
If you stream over WIFI you will loose data as well.
Loss of data equals lower audio quality.
Im going back to slate records.

But isn't this the conclusion that was arrived at by the guy who ran the test, he generalised also by stating steven's original post was wrong based on his conclusion meaning that no high end cd player can outperform a streamer, it's the same generalisation but in the opposite direction based on this one particular cd player & streamer, it' has to be the worst generalisation in the history of generalisations where audio is concerned, even scientists repeat & repeat again until they have a common end.

I just have no idea why this test was ran, there will never be a way of performing a test such as this that will conclude one way is better.

All there will be is theories by the streaming crowd claiming it has to be better because they have dumped all of their cd's so it just has to be doesn't it, please, please let it be better :)

How about actually bothering to READ some of my posts before inferring that what I did was a complete waste of time.
The basis was to verify the validity of a blanket statement made by another individual. Did I say that every streamer would be better? Err, nope. Infact all I did was comment on my expereince of the two units on test.
So go on, PLEASE explain what generalisation comes out of that?

Did someone invite WOT players onto the forum?

How about actually bothering to READ some of my posts before inferring that what I did was a complete waste of time.
The basis was to verify the validity of a blanket statement made by another individual. Did I say that every streamer would be better? Err, nope. Infact all I did was comment on my expereince of the two units on test.
So go on, PLEASE explain what generalisation comes out of that?

Did someone invite WOT players onto the forum?
Your post does infer this, as you state The post by Steven is & I quote "wrong" so what other conclusion can anyone deem from that.

It is a blanket statement based on this one test otherwise you would have concluded that in this test alone I disagree with Steven's statement but could be correct under different circumstances using different equipment.

I think you may have forgotten what you have actually written in the op.

All digital sources loose data over a period of time.
Bytes drop off as it were.
A CD looses information in the same way that a hard disk looses information SSD will suffer the same losses as well.
If you stream over WIFI you will loose data as well.
Loss of data equals lower audio quality.
Im going back to slate records.

Are you serious?

advertisement

Back