advertisement

Stream to Dutch & Dutch

Dozey

Air guitar member
I am considering trying the 8c speakers. I currently have a naim NDS and unitiserve to stream, but I guess as the 8c has a dac I might be better off with a dac less streamer such as a dCs network bridge. Anyone with experience/suggestions?

Honestly I have never noticed any difference between the analogue and digital inputs, to begin with at least set the 8Cs to analogue and use your current set-up.
I use an RME ADI ‘Pro’ which can send a digital signal to the 8Cs , it just means changing the input on the 8Cs and changing the speaker connections.
Keith

Honestly I have never noticed any difference between the analogue and digital inputs, to begin with at least set the 8Cs to analogue and use your current set-up.
I use an RME ADI ‘Pro’ which can send a digital signal to the 8Cs , it just means changing the input on the 8Cs and changing the speaker connections.
Keith

why are you using the RME ADI pro? Dosent whatever signal you feed it (digital or analog) get fed to the Dutch & Dutch DACs? Dosent it makes sense to just control the Dutch & Dutch directly?

on streamer front I noticed a big difference going from streaming from a computer to a dedicated streamer. It depends heavily on the dac that is being used and how they have designed the inputs. I would guess to think this is probably the weakest point of the Dutch & Dutch. Don’t get me wrong it’s incredibly well designed active speaker but seems to be a trend amongst digital active speakers that there not very open about the engineering that goes into their DACs which makes me think there probably not the focus of their engineering and thus the weakest chain but Keith maybe able to enlighten? As know he has much experience with these and the kii three

I am considering trying the 8c speakers. I currently have a naim NDS and unitiserve to stream, but I guess as the 8c has a dac I might be better off with a dac less streamer such as a dCs network bridge. Anyone with experience/suggestions?

Both the NDS and the UnitiServe have coaxial S/PDIF outputs which can be adapted to the AES input on the 8c using a passive impedance transformer. Alternatively, you could swap the NDS for a dCS Bridge or another streamer with digital outputs, such as the Auralic Aries G1 or G2. The Auralic Aries models also provide a more convenient volume control. Another popular option, especially if you want to integrate subwoofers or additional analogue and digital sources, is the MiniDSP SHD. There is also a digital only SHD Studio model.

Doesn't look like that is a streamer. But thanks anyway.
I just think you should use what you have available.
In future you can try the digital input, why I mentioned the RME.
@ Sunflower I have tried everything including having two purpose built ‘transports ‘ I have never noticed any difference if you deliver bit perfect data to a competently designed DAC.
The AD/DA on the 8C is not a weak link, you can use the 8Cs own app to control volume.
Keith

advertisement

Back