advertisement

Stream Tidal through Oppo 105D

pban

pfm Member
Hi all,

Does anyone have clue how to stream tidal to my 105?

I searched the net and all I can find it articles saying that you need the latest firmware (checked and installed) and you can connect using the latest app through your iPad etc but I can't figure it out.

Has anyone managed to solve this one?

Thanks

Paul

I think I read that there was a firmware update on the Oppo site and you need to download onto a USB key, then use the Oppo remote to control browsing.
Del

Hi,

is the firmware out yet, having a search reveals nothing as regard Tidal integration firmware as being out yet, it is planned but even on AVS Forum they have no official word on it's release.

On Oppo website the latest revision is October 2014.

Mike.

Just had some feedback from Oppo, they plan to release the updated firmware later this month including the Tidal support

Why would you need a USB key ? The unit connects to the internet dont you just download the update and then access Tidel directly via the menu ?

Using the key is precaution against a connection dropout which 'may' screw up the machine during updating. No reason to suppose it won't be available from the menu thereafter.
Looking forward to trying Tidal when it's available this way.
Jim

Shame it costs £20 a month. I think there's a 1 month free trail. Will try it when it comes out will be interesting to compare SQ with the ARC CD8.

No the CDP doesn't have inputs (that comes with the CD9). Straight from Oppo to the Preamp. I know not a 'pure' comparison still interested to see how they compare with the same recording.

I use Tidal here with the Grimms, and I can't hear any difference between my ripped AIFF files and the FLAC from Tidal, everything goes through the Grimms though.
Keith.

Any idea if this is coming out for the 103?

Using tidal with Roon and the overall experience is excellent

Oppo has released a firmware update (Beta) available on their US site which includes support for Tidal

I downloaded the update as directed onto a USB stick and tried to update yesterday but my 105D does not recognise the file - any ideas?

If your Oppo is an EU/UK purchase you will need EU firmware,
the EU firmware has EU in the version number such as "BDP10XEU-77-0827" whereas the US of the same version is "BDP10X-77-0827"

Hopefully the new version with Tidal will be on the Oppo UK website soon :)

Did anyone tried this already?
I have updated the OPPO and the app but do t have the tidal subscription. Will try the 1month trial but would like to ear from anyone that has already tried.

So I installed the beta firmware on Thursday and KennyH came by yesterday with his laptop and a dac.
I haven't previously connected the Oppo to the network so plugged in the supplied wifi dongle,installed Oppo media player on a nexus android tablet and signed up for the free trial.

The wifi doesn't seem to be able to support the stream. I think it may be a limitation of the dongle tucked in round the back of the Oppo because Kenny's lappy worked OK on the same wifi connection. I haven't had any trouble streaming video via Amazon Fire TV on the same rack either. I will get an ethernet cable today to connect the oppo directly to the Zyxel homeplug in that room.

We ran Kenny's dac into an Audiolab 8000AP pre but also tried the hdmi out of his laptop into the Oppo. We liked that:D

I wasn't thrilled by the interface on the nexus (bear in mind this is Oppo software not Tidal) so more investigation is needed on that score - any constructive input welcome.
Jim

Fingers crossed, I think it's sorted now the connection is wired.

To be fair, there is a usb extension cable supplied in the box which would have brought the dongle out to the front of the rack and might have helped. The nexus is better too. Although the app is Oppo Media Control, now the tablet is the only thing eating wifi bandwidth I can see that it is pulling the Tidal gui from the Oppo and it responds as quickly as the laptop. With the TV on the album art work is displayed together with brief details (track title and number, artist, album title) and a time counter. Doubt that's worth the extra energy consumption....

Only remaining gripe is that on the 7" screen long strings of text are truncated, don't wrap or scroll and it only seems to work in portrait.

If you have an Oppo and Tidal it seems a good way to go.
Jim

advertisement

Back