advertisement

Strauss opera bargain

"Unexpectedly delayed - arrival 16th - 24th June"

Is this like the Brexit demographic argument- half the people who ordered will no longer be above ground by the time the goods materialise.

I'm still getting a "dispatching soon, expected by 3 June" message in tracking. Is it waiting to refresh with a bad prognosis or can one dare to hope?

Today,
Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Various Artists "Richard Strauss - Complete Operas (DG box set)"
Estimated arrival date: June 19 2017 - June 29 2017

Simple algorithm (excuse mix of languages):

Repeat
delivery_date += 20
send_apology()
Wait 20 (days)
Until customer_cancels = TRUE

For any of us in the same situation...............just let the Amazon Order remain. We do not have anything to lose.
Amazon is, then placed in an embarrassing position of either producing the goods or finally explaining that they will not honour what is a freely available product
(elsewhere on other CD buying sites -though at a much higher price).
"They", after all.... were the people who offered the DG Strauss Complete Opera box at that ridiculous price.!! The onus is squarely on them.

As a site for buying classical CDs generally, in any case.... I find Amazon - the least satisfactory.
I much, much prefer Prestoclassical and /or MDT .

Is this like the Brexit demographic argument- half the people who ordered will no longer be above ground by the time the goods materialise.

I'm still getting a "dispatching soon, expected by 3 June" message in tracking. Is it waiting to refresh with a bad prognosis or can one dare to hope?

Commenting on your first paragraph..."Simply hang in there!"

Simple algorithm (excuse mix of languages):

Repeat
delivery_date += 20
send_apology()
Wait 20 (days)
Until customer_cancels = TRUE

Yes that big CANCEL ORDER button seems to pulsate under the iPad finger, willing you to press it.

"We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.

If you'd prefer to cancel the item, please visit Your Account on the link below:"

Uh Huh.....

I predict a few more iterations of "revised estimates" before "unfortunately this item is no longer available"....

Just to re-iterate -- this set is OOP, so we will never see it. The £81 price is also listed as temporarily out of stock, so the "current" price is arbitrary (though I confess it's strange that they change the price -- though of course it's an algorithm doing it).

Is this the equivalent of massdrop? Once they get enough buyers lined up they might actually press this turkey?

Is this still going on?

I think, if something is truly unavailable, Amazon do tend to cancel. They did it to me with the Colourbox box set a few years ago, after sending 2 emails about trying to get stock.

If they're still sending emails this far along, they must have some hope of getting stock, otherwise they'd just cancel your orders.

advertisement

Back