advertisement

Stolen car keys

Try opening your locked car with the dumb spare key (the spare metal key without the buttons), the one that you need if you ever go windsurfing, etc.

You'll have maybe 5 seconds to put the smart coded key in the ignition before the alarm goes off.

The auto locksmith is coming tomorrow to do the recode, I've changed the house locks & the new bank cards arrived this morning, so apart from replacing the items that I've lost, I think I'm done. Having had it explained to me, I'm confident that the recode is sufficient. I'll take care not to leave valuables in the car, not that I do anyway tbh. Luckily, the phone wasn't in the bag, because I had out to do the QR scan for the track & trace.

I was very lax, as I always am when it comes to security; a lesson learned.
I have way too much faith in human kind and several times on Sunday, I left an iPhone 11 and a brand new MacBook Pro on the table whilst I was doing other stuff/communicating with staff… granted it’s a pub in a nice, and slightly remote area of Malvern with mostly totally trustworthy regulars, but it only takes one wrongun, and it’s both expensive and hugely inconvenient.

advertisement

Back