advertisement

Stirling LS3/5a v2 tweeter repair ?

Simon s

pfm Member
I set up my Stirlings/Nait 2 combo after a few months not being used and noticed the HF
was missing on one of the speakers. After testing amp and cables etc i came to the conclusion
that its definitely the speaker.

So my question is: Would this be a tweeter failure or crossover ?

If so what should i check before sending these off to
Stirling for repair - since they have moved to Wales, which is a long trip for me.

I am aware it could be a few things but I thought i would check here first and ask if its something i can do myself ? I can solder so don't mind trying this if its a simple repair ?

I had the exact same problem, but not being technical they were sent off to Stirling. Tweeter swap, and all was as good as new.

Why not call Stirling? They may be aware of an issue that points to either the tweeter or crossover (which may save you mailing the speaker to them).

Open them up and have a look. It might be something simple ike a connection tag or wire has become detached.

Hi i had a go at removing the front panels to check the tweeter and nothings budging so i will take them to Stirling personally. Since its in Wales its a bit of a trek so waiting until i am going over that way.

advertisement

Back