advertisement

Stirling BBC L3/5A & Linn Kan Stands

Pault73

pfm Member
As I've moved into a larger listening room, these sadly are no longer suited as I sit at the far end some distance away.

I've had them for just under 2 years and not listened to them that much, probably less than 100 hours, and they were boxed away for roughly half that time. I bought them from the original owner, who had also had them boxed up and told me he had only played them for around 20 hours, so I don't think they're had a hard life at all. I used them with my 10w Luxman valve amp, and they were great, very detailed. They are in excellent condition.

The stands are in great condition, I'd say a 7 or 8 out of 10, I couple of small scratches than could be touched up, very even now they are very acceptable for a front room if you left them alone (also have the spikes, but I'm not allowed to use them on the new carpet!).

I'm based in Oxford, so either pick up or postage extra at cost (I'd reckon as a guide about ~£20 for the speakers and similar again for the stands, tbc). I have the original boxes for the speakers.

Speakers £775
Stands £100

Thanks Paul

AVNccVM.jpeg
I3lOnuo.jpeg
qfvKMwA.jpeg
QAzUqKd.jpeg

S1x9txY.jpeg

c2H5Ors.jpeg

Hi Lilolee

Here's a photo I've just taken. I'm not sure, I think they are the initial batch that became branded as V2.

I'm sure someone will know the specifics on versioning. :)

Paul
6I8TihR.jpeg

Yes, these are early V2s with Monacor bass/mid. drivers.
They have the Velcro strips as used on the first Stirling LS3/5As, with Kef drivers.
My early V2s are very similar but have SEAS bass/mids.
I’m tempted by these V2s, as I live about 10 miles from Oxford.

Last edited:
Absolute bargain!

These look like the 9mm thin walled plywood BBC cabinets along with screwed on back and front.

Lovely sounding speakers, GLWTS.

I had a pair of V2s for a couple of months with those same stands.

Best speakers I’ve ever had, these are a complete bargain at the price.

i sold mine on here about three years ago (July 2021) for about £700 I think it was including the stands.

If I still lived in Maidenhead, then I'd probably ask for a demo, but I now live 250 miles away so a bit of a trek.
All the best with the sale.

Stands sold. Speakers available, would also consider a trade (+ cash) for a nice SME tonearm or the like to go with my garrard 301 project...

advertisement

Back