advertisement

Steve Wright (in the afternoon) has died

After leaving the police, I did some consultancy training, which took me to various forces. My most recent memory is listening to his pm shows when traveling back from Leicester, and Northampton. Light, easy listening with some decent music played was ideal.

I also listened to him on R1.

Very sad, and very sudden. RIP.

Blimey didn't realise he was still on air, I thought they'd sacked him off with the rest of the old guard.

Not really my era but I remember growing up in the 80s when Radio was still a big thing and my parents would have him on all the time so I heard him a lot.

Wow, that's very young. I couldn't bear his presentation style, but he was probably the best at what he did and doesn't appear to have been a raging narcissist or criminal, which in that genre isn't bad going.

Such sad news - early memories of SWITA blaring out on the radio in our 6th Form Common Room. Needless to say, not much studying got done. :D

Later, travelling in the car with SW on the radio, he was joined by Paul Whitehouse, the show was so hilarious I had to pull over and stop the car.

Steve was great in my student days in the early 80s, not so good in recent times.
RIP Steve for all the afternoon laughs. My favorite was the seasonal "chestnuts roasting on an open fire..... OPEN FIRE, UZI 9MM"

advertisement

Back