advertisement

Stageline V Arkless 640p

Took me 30 mins with the Arkless to relegate my Prefix (which is better than Stageline) to collecting dust, no brainer ;-)

My MC stage, which is neither of the ones you're interested in, is very sensitive to set-up. If I change cartridge, I need to set the gain and impedance to match or it doesn't sound as it should.

In that sense I don't think your question is answerable. It depends partly on the quality of the stage, but also on whether it's optimised for your cartridge. As I understand it, the Arkless can be set up for the cartridge you wish to use.

Get the loaner from Jez, its the only way to be sure yourself,  but having had internal cards, Stageline and 2 Prefix, I've a reasonable idea about Naim Phono stages (although not powered by a Supercap)

Apples and Oranges here given the Superdooper Cap even s/h is what, £12-1500.

I've always thought to put that on a £300 Stageline or Prefix a little crazy!

That said, the Stageline does need a decent PSU or else sounds a bit pants, a s/h HiCap at around £400 makes sense and takes it to a £700 ish combo.

You then have the Trichord Dino + NCPSU which I think better and a whole raft of s/h units.

Nothing to lose by having a loan of Jez's demo unit.

I'm now running one of the first / few "turbo" Arkless 651p versions. I'm stunned.... I've yet to file a report because I just do not know where to start and I'm so utterly enthralled with this mc stage.

It is simply outstanding.

I'm now running one of the first / few "turbo" Arkless 651p versions. I'm stunned.... I've yet to file a report because I just do not know where to start and I'm so utterly enthralled with this mc stage.

I'm glad you like it! I'll look forward to your full report :)

What was you using before turbo Arkless?

advertisement

Back