advertisement

Stack Audio Tennor top-plate

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
This is a Stack Audio Tennor top-plate which will be getting fitted to Derek’s LP12 in a week or two. It is basically a stainless steel top plate identical to a Linn one but with a thick alloy brace bolted to the underside. I kinda like this idea as it keeps the deck looking totally stock while dramatically stiffening the top-plate and reducing resonance in it. And it’s cheap! Only £200. Looking forward to fitting it and seeing what it does.

Thanks for posting Colin,

Derek's LP12 is definitely going to get a good makeover.Especially with the new springs and grommets he mentioned to me what you are doing on it.

Should sound like a new deck.When mine was a pre cirkus and had a basic service.Springs,grommets,new belt,oil change I was blown away how great it sounded,coming back.Before it sounded really sluggish and a bit boring !

Have no knowledge of the top plate mods as everything on my LP12 is pure Linn.

Derek's LP12 is definitely going to get a good makeover.

Yeah, changing the top-plate means a full rebuild but I'll take my time and check every bit of the deck. Should sound nicer when it's all done.

I can't see how the top-plate can not help. It's so much stiffer than the standard one so it's not going to ring or sag. Hopefully once it's set it will stay set for longer.

Home from work now and yep, I'm looking forward to hearing how it all sounds once it's finished. I reckon it's gonna be good :)

How many fixing points does it have?

Three. The two main bolts and a motor corner bolt. Basically identical to the current standard Linn top-plate. Derek's plinth is not corner braced so I plan on fitting a wooden block in the motor corner to take advantage of that bolt.

advertisement

Back