advertisement

Stack Audio LP12 Subchasis

Natara

pfm Member
Has anyone tried the above subchasis it's made of Corian I believe thinking of replacing my old bonded one with and it and at under £300 looks an attractive option.

They are quite good and Theo is a nice guy. Be warned though Theo is just in the process of ramping up production on quite a few products so it may take you some time to actually get your sub chassis.

Why do you want to change it?

Maybe because changing from the pressed steel chassis is one of the biggest upgrades you can do to an LP12? I have an early prototype Sole, and I’d assume any aftermarket sub chassis has similar benefits, the sole was the biggest upgrade I did to mine :)

I also swapped my original steel sub with a Majik one. Big difference but not quite as pronounced as when I then replaced it with a Kore. Both were ex-dem but like new. Can't really afford a Keel but I'm quite happy with what I've got and I wouldn't change it for anything without the Linn Sondek LP12 logo on the armboard.

You can keep an original armboard with the Stack Audio I’d be interested to hear comparisons between the stack and the Majik as I would prefer
the Majik or perhaps a used Korr but they are quite rare used especially Rega fit.

Worth noting that Theo @ Stack will provide an adapter to allow correct platter height when using either pre or new cirkus bearings. AFAIK , most other sub chassis mods are sized for cirkus bearings .

Worth noting that Theo @ Stack will provide an adapter to allow correct platter height when using either pre or new cirkus bearings. AFAIK , most other sub chassis mods are sized for cirkus bearings .
Now that is a good selling point for me as I prefer the pre Cirkus.

Now that is a good selling point for me as I prefer the pre Cirkus.
Me too. I’d be interested in swapping my 80s linn sub chassis for a single piece sub/arm board that could accommodate the pre-cirkus bearing. The mober caught my eye.

All Linn fit chassis’ (Linn or aftermarket) will take pre-Cirkus bearing - even if not specifically intended to. There will be a small (1.2mm or so) difference in platter night (if not accommodated for with spacers etc) but the fit is the same (all the platter height difference means is that the arm height will have to be adjusted to compensate).

Last edited:
I would prefer to keep my platter at standard height.

My Mober s/c has arrived and I'm hoping to fit it on the weekend. I have sourced a new Cirkus kit to go with it. Hope im not going to miss the old 1991 pre cirk bearing.

Hoping that the overall upgrade will be worth it. Can't get my head around the price of a Keel........

I would prefer to keep my platter at standard height.

My Mober s/c has arrived and I'm hoping to fit it on the weekend. I have sourced a new Cirkus kit to go with it. Hope im not going to miss the old 1991 pre cirk bearing.

Hoping that the overall upgrade will be worth it. Can't get my head around the price of a Keel........
Just looked at the mober quite value what's the total costs inc shipping etc?

Hove,
Would be very interested to get your feedback on the mober once your up and running.

I run a mober on my kuzma/lp12 hybrid. Kuzma stabi s 12" chassis and arm with linn bearing and platter. Dead easy to fit, simple to operate, runs silent, holds good speed, very occasionally loses it's way between 33 and 45 switches, I suspect a control logic bug in my early production unit. Defo an improvement over linn ac controllers. I haven't tried the current linn totr ac unit.

@Natara

The Mober sub chassis works out around 500 . Think it works out the same direct or through the UK agent (Stamford Audio)

Unpacked it last night - really well made. I hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Edmund is really easy to deal with and fast to respond to enquiries.

@Natara

The Mober sub chassis works out around 500 . Think it works out the same direct or through the UK agent (Stamford Audio)

Unpacked it last night - really well made. I hope it sounds as good as it looks.

Edmund is really easy to deal with and fast to respond to enquiries.
Thanks again Hove 100 sounds interesting let me know how you get on

advertisement

Back