advertisement

Squeezebox Touch distortion/poor sound

cooky1257

pfm Member
One of my SBT's has started playing up, sounding mid honky prominent and lacking any decent bass output on all outputs. Dropping an old SB classic in its place and everything sounds fine.
Any obvious weak points that are an easy fix or do I just bin it?
Ta

I bought a squeezebox duet a couple of weeks ago on here. It doesn't read from my NAS without the computer being switched on so I'm gonna sell it on. All in its original box, mint condition. If you don't get it working and fancy this as replacement sure give me a shout.
Good luck in getting it up and running though.

Is it set to fixed full output, or variable?

Could the bad one be set to full and overloading the amp input, where the other is set to half volume or similar?

Thanks for the responses, volume is set at 100% fixed output but the distortion/poor sound is also over digital and analogue. Will try a factory reset this evening.

Factory reset seems to have sorted it, thanks everyone. Odd behaviour but SB Server also recently repeatedly updated for some reason so who knows.

Amazing - Just factory reset my Touch and my word what a difference....I thought the sluggish, tired sounds were purely a state of mind.
Using EDO/usb into my Rega Dac btw, Thanks for this tip people, but what the heck is going on??
One more thing, how do I get rid of the clock and revert to a blank screen when the Touch is off/standby...I've forgotten!

Amazing - Just factory reset my Touch and my word what a difference....I thought the sluggish, tired sounds were purely a state of mind.
Using EDO/usb into my Rega Dac btw, Thanks for this tip people, but what the heck is going on??
One more thing, how do I get rid of the clock and revert to a blank screen when the Touch is off/standby...I've forgotten!
...settings/display etc...

advertisement

Back