advertisement

Springsteen Hammersmith 1975 Vinyl issue RSD

Saw this gig when Born To Run was being released. Mind you I think he did shows on two nights didn't he?

Went with a couple of mates and we were floored. We had copies of his first couple of albums between us, but never expect something this good.

The gig has been on CD for years. I'll have to get the vinyl.

Jack

The DVD of that gig is an excellent thing, and I rarely get excited by music DVDs.

One of the best ever. The video's a bit dark, but the intensity of the performance easily makes up for it. I wish I'd been there (first saw him live in 1981; most recently at the Circo Massimo July 2016).

One of the best ever. The video's a bit dark, but the intensity of the performance easily makes up for it. I wish I'd been there (first saw him live in 1981; most recently at the Circo Massimo July 2016).

I was 11 in 75 and but did see him in Brighton in 81. Me and my mate Dave snuck down from the balcony seats at the interval and went right to the front. As remember it we were so close to the action said mate Dave touched the great foot of Bruce.

I was 11 in 75 and but did see him in Brighton in 81. Me and my mate Dave snuck down from the balcony seats at the interval and went right to the front. As remember it we were so close to the action said mate Dave touched the great foot of Bruce.

The only gig I've queued overnight to get tickets for; and got second row centre.
Still up there with the finest performances I've seen. Picked up a couple of extras, which I swapped for Wembley Arena tickets.

The only gig I've queued overnight to get tickets for; and got second row centre.
Still up there with the finest performances I've seen. Picked up a couple of extras, which I swapped for Wembley Arena tickets.

I got mine from the army and navy ticket agency in Chichester . Around the same time I did actually queue overnight for some WHO tickets also at the BC. Nine below zero were the support , next time I saw Dennis he was playing a boozer in brockley to about 20 of us, 34 years later

Anyone got the Agora Ballroom 25th March '78 gig (aka Classic Cleveland Broadcast) on vinyl? This is the one that opens with Summertime Blues.

Easy to get on CD but wondered what the vinyl is like, not that I can find it at the moment.

advertisement

Back