advertisement

'Spotless Pure Water' Filling stations for water.

p147

Sunny Sussex.
Just come across one of these not far from me, whereby you pay from 3.5p litres per litre of ultrapure highest quality water, has anyone used this for record cleaning?

I just use tap water, but if this isn't good enough then deionised water is widely available and costs almost nothing for the quantities that you'll use for record cleaning.

Wonder if this water is like Highland spring water. It was gaining popularity in leaps and bounds ‘til a whistleblower showed environmental health and trading standards the very old taps where the water was coming from. Seems like Highland Spring only added carbonation tae simple, ordinary tap water. 😂👌

Wonder if this water is like Highland spring water. It was gaining popularity in leaps and bounds ‘til a whistleblower showed environmental health and trading standards the very old taps where the water was coming from. Seems like Highland Spring only added carbonation tae simple, ordinary tap water. 😂👌
I know someone who used to work for Scottish Water and he said that buying bottled water in Scotland is ridiculous as the tap water here is some of the best in the world.

I make my own cleaning fluid with isopropyl alcohol, a touch of SLES and water that goes through the house water softener and then the Osmio countertop RO system, I’m fortunate to have this on tap as it were. If I knew a fishie was passing nearby I’d give them a litre of water.

I don’t see why Nic, I only went down the RO road when I got into serious coffee machines simply to eliminate limescale which can scale interior parts in the way you might see in a kettle and for cleaner taste as further impurities are reduced. I had wanted a water softener in the house ever since visiting a mate and cleaning my glasses at the kitchen tap and seeing the difference from the hard tap water I had known all my life.

So all about convenience really ie preservation of kit that limescale can give problems to, cleaner water going through the heating system, easier kitchen and bathroom to clean etc. But nothing that means we should worry about tap water per se.

Tap water in East Sussex is at times horrible, and you can smell the Chlorine in it. Is there such a thing as pure water? As that would imply, it would have no benefits at all.

The water in Plymouth is horrible and leaves a black residue, which in time can block the waste pipes. I was told it is manganese. I have a filter cartridge on the tap, for drinking water.

In Scotland, our domestic water is so pure you can drink it.

I live about 6 miles from Overton where the Bombay Sapphire distillery is. They distil the alcohol in its pure form in Overton, then drive it all the way up to Scotland to water it down with Scottish water, because ours is shit. lol.

Last edited:
I live about 6 miles from Overton where the Bombay Sapphire distillery is. They distil the alcohol in its pure form in Overton, then drive it all the way up to Scotland to water it down with Scottish waster, because ours is shit. lol.
There used to be a distillery just round the corner. Some of the smells emanating from that place were unbelievable. Also turned all the trees and buildings near it black, not sure how that worked. They just blend and store there now but it's still a huge site. With impressive security!

advertisement

Back