advertisement

Spotify

RickyC6

Infuriate the frog-men
...is really ****ing good. It's got all the Hank Mobley you can shake a stick at anyway. Right now Soul Station. Ace.

Aye, it's alright. A search for 'Miles Davis' comes up with over 2,000 tracks.

Saying that, I often seem to use it to listen to really embarrassing 80s stuff that I never bought at the time - t'other day I listened to, erm... the first Tears For Fears album.

Hang on...no it's shit. It has got hardly any Martin Stephenson & The Daintees (just a poxy compilation). OK record collection you are safe - for now.

My matey was raving about this the other day. I tried to tell him it would sound shite over any half decent system (he'd only listened through his Laptop).

He disagreed so I sent it through the Teac in the kitchen (not a particularly good system but serves it's purpose well).......you guessed it......sounds like shite. Sent t through the lounge system and it was worse.

Plus it has no Coil available, therefore it is pants lol.

Aye its supposed to be 160kbps. Just using on laptop/headphones for late listening. Can't be arsed to get a lead to plug into hifi.....

It sounds OK into my Linn Exotik (USB out from laptop into digital input). Perfect for parties, and also for checking out before buying.
Gary

I think it's great. The iTunesy interface is simple & quick to navigate & I'm pleasantly surprised at the sound quality. There do seem to be a fair few gaps in the choice of material at the moment but hey it is free. I would be more than happy to pay a subscription at some point for more choice and better bitrates. It's the future!

I think it is awesome - thanks to all fior mentioning it on these forums as I have no trendy friends to tell me!!!!

I don't know about you guys but I am just running the 'free' version, just registered myself and awy goes the music - not seen an ad yet. Perhaps there will be more ads in a few weeks and they are just trying to make it as nice as possible an experience now to get you hooked.

CJ

You were right the first time Ricky. It is really f*cking good. Sound quality is'nt a consideration at the moment 'cause its main purpose for me is vetting and discovering new music. There is so much on there already and its only just started up. Music is being added all the time so if something you search is missing at present it may well be on there at a later date.

Its now a case of looking at what people are recommending on pinkfish, then skipping over to spotify and having a listen. The adverts at present are not intrusive at all but i'm still tempted to subscribe just to support this project.

Everybody who loves their music should have a look.

Another good feature you might want to check out is the shared playlist. If my mate is listening to a track he thinks I might like he puts it onto the shared playlist. The next time I log on and go into the shared playlist the song he recommends will be there.

advertisement

Back