advertisement

SPOTIFY NOW ON PS3 and 4

peter bj

pfm Member
Spotify is now available on the playstation , it is available in the free or premium quality . I am finding this pretty useful and the free sound quality is not at all bad using optical out into maplin dac .

Looks like not many playstation owners on here , not a massive gamer but the playstation is a very useful device and means I do not need to buy the sonos I was thinking of

We have one sharing the music/tv room for the kids war games and watching blu rays and I-player etc. It is handy. Will give Spotify a look over the Easter break.
I watched Van @ Montreux 1980 again last weekend and the sound of the PS4 was noticeably improved from the PS3.

I still use a PS3 for occasional music server & Bluray playback duties... Good news Spotify is now available on it, thanks for the heads up.

FWIW I did unsighted level matched comparisons of the PS3's analogue output and optical output into a DPA DAC and couldn't detect a jot of difference (output set to 44.1KHz / Type 3 bitmapping)... The sound was identical.

advertisement

Back