advertisement

Sports car chat

It is reported that China exported nearly 5 million vehicles in the first 9 months of 2023, up 58% on 2022. Overtaking Japan to become top exporter.

It is reported that China exported nearly 5 million vehicles in the first 9 months of 2023, up 58% on 2022. Overtaking Japan to become top exporter.
I'm not surprised, their cheap motorbikes must sell to developing countries like hot cakes. If you need to get to work and ship kids about, a Chinese scooter is always going to score over a Honda at twice the price.

I'm not surprised, their cheap motorbikes must sell to developing countries like hot cakes. If you need to get to work and ship kids about, a Chinese scooter is always going to score over a Honda at twice the price.
I think that vehicles in this case are cars, trucks and buses. The fastest growing market was Russia.

An update on my car. Whilst trying to find evidence of a missing service (not too happy about that, Porsche dealer, expect strongly worded e-mail) I was going through some early receipts. Seems the original buyer of the car was a Mr R Giggs of Worsley, Manchester. Does that make it more or less valuable? 😂

An update on my car. Whilst trying to find evidence of a missing service (not too happy about that, Porsche dealer, expect strongly worded e-mail) I was going through some early receipts. Seems the original buyer of the car was a Mr R Giggs of Worsley, Manchester. Does that make it more or less valuable? 😂
Her price is far above rubies. 🥰

F87 M2 is definitely on my hit list to replace the Merc estate family barge (kids older now). There's just so many for sale used prices are artificially deflated...and that's a novel concept in today's car world.

Thing is, I'd go for the original non Comp one. Plenty fast enough and sounds better. They really did shoe horn the S55 exhaust into the Comp as the exhaust pathways under the car didn't seem to take into account future emissions regs? Check out how the Comps rear exhaust box doesn't even fit into the massive recess that the OG one did...and changing exhaust brings in warranty doubts??

I'd probably give the GT3 the flick too as Porsche is basically turning into Ferrari re. spare parts etc, pricing is total piss take and basically signaling to owners you better just park these old GT cars up in a collection (which I hate). Might do a suspension modified 997 Carrera instead.

So very true, however the vast majority of people will never get such instruction or training and so for them the only way they get to be faster is to drive a higher performance vehicle.

Even more ironically there is a subset of such people (a large one I'd argue) that seem to think straight line 0-60 or 1/4 mile times are all that matters when it comes to vehicle performance, which actually if you think about it makes sense given that most of those people have no clue how to actually corner a car quickly* so it's the straight line performance that they benefit from most.

*Not claiming I do either.
“Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.” ~ Colin McRae.

I'll bet it's got a few tales to tell, and not about football. ;)

in further car news, i have the first outing with the B yesterday at castle combe. literally the first drive of the car. needed a brake pad change and some minor tuning issues, but otherwise extremely positive. immense. i had the track to myself for the last half an hour.

there was a massive crash last week, so camp corner was tyred off and the bike chicane in place. disappointing...

i also (foolishly) decided to drive the car home from the circuit. almost unbearable. very difficult to drive below 3k rpm and deafening over 4k. listen to the SCCR gearbox at the end of the vid - that is from half a mile away!

Expired, I believe.

However, he often flew how he flew that evening. It’s all he knew, after all. But with a car going out of control, you stand a very good chance of surviving. Aircraft crashes aren’t quite as forgiving.
No idea why he is such a hero, anyone else who flew a helicopter recklessly and without insurance and a licence and killed two kids and another passenger as a result would be rightfully castigated by anyone with half a brain. While he was a good rally driver he was too reckless and not a patch on the likes of Kankkunen or Vatenen. Dickhead basically!

No idea why he is such a hero, anyone else who flew a helicopter recklessly and without insurance and a licence and killed two kids and another passenger as a result would be rightfully castigated by anyone with half a brain. While he was a good rally driver he was too reckless and not a patch on the likes of Kankkunen or Vatenen. Dickhead basically!
Yes, you don't **** around with a helicopter; and you don't **** around at low level. Doing both just reminds me of the old adage: "There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots. But there are no old, bold pilots."

advertisement

Back