advertisement

Sports car chat

I assume Mrs G is un-injured? I rather like the TT convertible myself if I’m honest. As you say, a bit of a cruiser rather than out and out sports car, but there’s nothing wrong with that. Especially in this weather :)

Yes, uninjured, thanks. She said there were so many airbags it felt like being a child trying to find her way out of being tangled in long curtains!

Poodling along the M25 today and passed an original Ford GT40 with an appropriate number plate ending in 4T. Presumably returning from a Le Mans trip.

Poodling along the M25 today and passed an original Ford GT40 with an appropriate number plate ending in 4T. Presumably returning from a Le Mans trip.
I would never trust myself to not know it was a kit car or something like that. I know someone that had one, but long before I really knew them in any detail at all. Yet now, they are pretty close, right? Like that guy that makes the Lancia Stratos. I need to see the engine to realise it is not real.

I would never trust myself to not know it was a kit car or something like that. I know someone that had one, but long before I really knew them in any detail at all. Yet now, they are pretty close, right? Like that guy that makes the Lancia Stratos. I need to see the engine to realise it is not real.
When you know, you know;)

I went to Le Mans once, in early 80's age 22 or so on a coach trip. The coach was available to us to have a sleep in during the night. The route to the track was through a melee of a campsite, tents just pitched wherever. Fires, barbecues, everything was covered in sooty grime. Meandering my way I randomly turned my head & just got a glimpse of something unmistakeable. Couldn't be.... I backtracked a step or two & looked again. A brand new Ferrari 288 GTO in the filthy grimy campsite.....I'd seen the distinctive high-rise wing mirror.

361177641_670570115102092_7426231289170536046_n.jpg

Interest check - thinking of selling my BMW M4 cabriolet. Too many cars with one of my lads returning one to me.
67 plate - bought as a BMW management car - 6 months old with 900 miles on it.. now 15,800 miles.
Competition model - 450 BHP - Manual (rare) - comfort pack.
FBMWSH - unmarked except for slight scuff on front left alloy - easy repair.
4 new tyres - Pilot 4S last year. Rear discs and pads changed last year.
Looking for 33k
PM if of any interest and I can send photos.

Well you saw it :D

I actually thought it might have better visibility in a sports car thread. I mean what nutter looks for cars on a hifi forum?
I shall cross-post.

Interest check - thinking of selling my BMW M4 cabriolet. Too many cars with one of my lads returning one to me.
67 plate - bought as a BMW management car - 6 months old with 900 miles on it.. now 15,800 miles.
Competition model - 450 BHP - Manual (rare) - comfort pack.
FBMWSH - unmarked except for slight scuff on front left alloy - easy repair.
4 new tyres - Pilot 4S last year. Rear discs and pads changed last year.
Looking for 33k
PM if of any interest and I can send photos.
Did you test drive the M440i convertible before you bought the M4?

Picking up an MR2 mk3 with 2zz engine swap next week. Gives me another 50bhp up to 190 and an extra 2000rpm up to 8500.

That’s an interesting engine swap and of course one that was used to very good effect in S2 Exige’s and Elise’s (and a few S3’s) with and without a supercharger. I had the later Prius derived engine (same 220bhp but lower rpm) but never gelled with it.

Should be a great package, I enjoyed our stock mk3 MR2.

Nice. I had an MR2 years ago and it was great fun above 4000 rpm.
Spot on, I have a standard one now and it has enough at 4000rpm. The engines don't seem happy up there though, revs up freely but sounds like it would rather not bother.

I am getting seriously hacked off with further delays to my already 2.5 year wait for the Lotus Emira (AMG engine version). I am getting cold feet and considering bailing out and getting something else. Humph, this is supposed to be fun!

advertisement

Back