advertisement

[WTD] Speakers...

bourney

pfm Member
Wanted:
I inadvertently & bizzarely find myself speakerless!

So, looking for a pair of small to medium sized stand mounts or not huge floorstanders preferably in a mid or dark wood finish for less than £1500. Must be postable or v local (stoke)as I am currently unable to drive or carry anything. New speakers will help with the boredom of sitting still :)

My amps are rega Elicit R or Audionote EL84 kit 1 (15w) so pretty flexible.

Thanks.

I can offer you a pair of Rosewood finish Mordaunt Short MS10i or MS20i Pearl ( with OEM packaging double boxed). The Pearl are in black ash and have been professionally covered with pale ash vinyl wrap. They look far better than I’m describing them. Both are rear ported and need stands.

I ran the 10i’s in my office with a NAIT 2 for years. They are amazing when properly driven. The 20i’s take it to a new level.

I now have a pair of Totem Sttaf in place of the 10i’s which indicate how good they are.

best wishes,

Mark

Bourney Hi
A bit esoteric but might be up your street. A pair of Sparkler Audio Diva (S301B). In nice honey pine.
Full range single driver. Very minimalist. Hand made in Japan etc. I have them in use on my desk. Perched on custom sized Audio Chic solid wood (ash I think) Snipe stands.
I’m looking for £750 for the speakers plus delivery, add £100 for stands.
Have a Google and pm me if your kind of thing?
Cheers
Chris

I was responding to the ‘not huge floorstander’ comment, and assumed the Rega amp would drive them.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Obelisks as a previous owner. But they do need an amp with grunt and they are a fair size. I realise the footprint may be similar.

How about some Focal Micro Utopia BE with stands in very good condition - from Coventry.

I think I still have boxes for the speakers but the boxes for the stands fell apart a while ago. However, I wouldn't trust them to a courier.

Cheers
David

Ah my Dali Oberon 5 compact floorstanders @ £500 would probably fit the bill, but the original packaging materials got damaged so I wouldn't trust sending by courier. Unfortunately you're a bit far from me (Exeter), unless we can arrange something.

advertisement

Back