advertisement

Speakers to match Audio Note P2 se

MVV

pfm Member
Hello Fish, I'm looking for a pair of stand mount speakers to match well with an Audio Note P2 se power amp. (single ended valve class A)

Specifications are:
Maximum Output: 18 Watts RMS per channel into 4 or 8 Ω loads
Tube Compliment: 4 x 6L6 / 5881; 2 x 6SL7
Input Impedance: 100 k Ω
Power Consumption: 165 VA
Fuse Ratings: 2 A anti-surge (110 to 120 V supply); 1,2 A anti-surge (220 - 240 V supply)

Currently I'm using Epos ES14s the presentation of which I really like but they are getting on a bit and in theory not a good SET match although plenty loud enough for me.

It will be a used purchase and budget will be sub £1500.

Kind of, but was specifically asking if Yams would work. Came to the conclusion 'no' was the answer. As part of that discussion you suggested Snell Ks. I wondered what else to consider.

Look in the DIY section of classified ads. There are a pair of very nicely done Troels Graveson Classic speakers with stands. I have heard a few of his designs and they all sounded very good. I’m currently using his Nomex 164 mk 2’s which I prefer to a very nice pair of ProAc floorstanders, though it’s close.

That Classic design should work really well with your amp - easy to drive, quite sensitive. The drivers are high quality, crossover also. If they were a commercial product you’d be looking at 3k + so an absolute bargain. I have no connection with the seller whatsoever, but I reckon they are a big bargain to put it mildly.

Look in the DIY section of classified ads. There are a pair of very nicely done Troels Graveson Classic speakers with stands. I have heard a few of his designs and they all sounded very good. I’m currently using his Nomex 164 mk 2’s which I prefer to a very nice pair of ProAc floorstanders, though it’s close.

That Classic design should work really well with your amp - easy to drive, quite sensitive. The drivers are high quality, crossover also. If they were a commercial product you’d be looking at 3k + so an absolute bargain. I have no connection with the seller whatsoever, but I reckon they are a big bargain to put it mildly.
Thanks a great suggestion! But I'm in North Cumbria and he's in Southampton. Also I must sell some kit before I buy anything else, it's starting to get me down.

advertisement

Back