advertisement

Speakers base feet for spikes

slim

pfm Member
Hello,

I am using pennies (coins) to protect my wooden floor from my speaker spikes. Anyone had a chance to try aftermarket base feet instead? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks!
Slim

Hello,

I am using pennies (coins) to protect my wooden floor from my speaker spikes. Anyone had a chance to try aftermarket base feet instead? Is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks!
Slim
Is it a suspended wooden floor?

If so, you should try out IsoAcoustic Gaia feet. These make a clearly noticeable uplift in SQ and I have a suspended wooden floor.

Also then no spikes to scratch anything.

Hello,

Thanks!
Slim

Pounds sound better than pennies.

So got some ultra cheap 2nd hand things off eBay. Looked like Linn Skeet ‘spike feet’ but instead of being solid they turned out to be a metal shell filled with squishy rubber, felt like silicon.

Made quite a big change.

That’s on a hard floor.

Personally I think the price charged for ‘isolation feet ‘ eg isoacousrics is criminal, however on my sample of ‘1’ I think rubber feet or some sort on a hard floor is well worth investigating.

Is it a suspended wooden floor?

If so, you should try out IsoAcoustic Gaia feet. These make a clearly noticeable uplift in SQ and I have a suspended wooden floor.

Also then no spikes to scratch anything.
it's not suspended, it sits on concrete...

So got some ultra cheap 2nd hand things off eBay. Looked like Linn Skeet ‘spike feet’ but instead of being solid they turned out to be a metal shell filled with squishy rubber, felt like silicon.

Made quite a big change.

That’s on a hard floor.

Personally I think the price charged for ‘isolation feet ‘ eg isoacousrics is criminal, however on my sample of ‘1’ I think rubber feet or some sort on a hard floor is well worth investigating.
Ok I will start there and let you know... or maybe I can move to pounds first :D

I personally went with AUVA 50's from Stack Audio UK. They simply bolt on, completely replacing the spikes below your speakers and come with felt pads below for hardwood floors or the option of spikes in two sizes for carpeted floors. Had mine a couple of months now and extremely pleased with them. There are several independent expert reviews of the AUVA's on Youtube and elsewhere. All I can say is that I agree with the findings of the expert reviews.

I personally went with AUVA 50's from Stack Audio UK. They simply bolt on, completely replacing the spikes below your speakers and come with felt pads below for hardwood floors or the option of spikes in two sizes for carpeted floors. Had mine a couple of months now and extremely pleased with them. There are several independent expert reviews of the AUVA's on Youtube and elsewhere. All I can say is that I agree with the findings of the expert reviews.
I ordered 2 sets of 4 isolators to try as well but 10 days after my order Stack Audio still hadn't shipped or even given me an update. Had to cancel for a refund.

Just took my standmounts off iso pucks after about 5 years , came off really well

Certainly using the iso puck 76 is an option under floorstanders .just got 8 today for 200 quid for 8 new

I ordered 2 sets of 4 isolators to try as well but 10 days after my order Stack Audio still hadn't shipped or even given me an update. Had to cancel for a refund.
Did you not enquire as to why they had not been shipped ? Perhaps they were awaiting further stock. Didn't encounter any issues with order delivery myself, they were sent out promptly. I have always found them helpful for any enquiries or queries myself.

advertisement

Back