advertisement

Speaker wire upgrade for Exposure 2010s2D

Hi all,

Im looking to upgrade my speaker wire. I have an Exposure 2010S2D with PMC DB1i speakers. Current speaker cable is Mogami W3103.
Candidates are Chord Clearway or LINN K200.

Anyone have experience with the above?
Thanks !

Clearway looks to be 2mm2 and is overpriced considering this, and the Linn is 4mm2 which is nice, but again, at near £30 per meter is hugely over priced.

I'd stick with what you have :)

matt_j - its not doing anything necessarily wrong. i had them before this system so just used them, but I am wondering if anyone else has had successful results with other cables and if so I'd like to try them out myself.

Andrew.B - Linn K20 is significantly cheaper but I expect it to be no better than what I currently have, hence went next in line to the K200.

Any Exposure owners here (newer designs, 2010/3010) ? Which do you use?

How about next mogami up . 4 core and biwire ?

Or Exposures own speaker cable. NAC a5 would be another interesting one to try.

Thanks for the additional suggestions.
Looks like lots of people like the Tellurium Q Black but its out of my current budget.

I considered the Naim NAC A5 as well but in that style/price range I opted to put the Linn K200 on my list.

The only thing "up" in Mogami would be the 3104 which would be the biwire version of what I have. That could be an interesting option as the 2010 has 2 terminals/ch and I would remove the brass plates from the PMC.
Not speaking from experience but I think the general consensus is that you are better off spending the same money on a higher quality 2 conductor cable than going biwire (assuming the biwire cable costs more)

My budget allows only one experiment so need to weigh my options before pulling the trigger

Ideally, yes.
I live in the US and prices here for Chord, TQ, Linn or any other UK brand are 2-3 times more. The exchange rate highly favors ordering direct from UK.

Regardless, the dealers in my area only have Chord, so I can't compare.
Even if they had all of them, I wouldn't borrow them for an audition and then order from somewhere else, seems unfair to me.

Try and find some of the 90's Exposure speaker cable, it is quite excellent VFM and works a treat with Exposure kit. I found it a lot better than the Naim NA5 cable I had previously.

Thanks all for your replies.
I got some really good suggestions here. I am going to look into all options, maybe even try multiple and sell the rest.

Interesting, just looking at speaker cable for my exposure 3010S2D and the Linn K200 seems ideal as it is 4 mm2 and not too expensive.

DNM Resolution and Naim Nac A5 (also A4/Linn K20) are magnificent cables for Exposure, as I have perceived in my Exposure 2010S2. Low-capacitance cables make an agile, neutral, fast sound without adding or removing anything, which I think is what a cable should do, not equalize. Maybe I like DNM better. (Assembled in manufactures DNM with its original welded DNM connectors.).

I have also Van den Hul and Neotech much more expensive, but they do not work as well, make the sound slow and more "dirty". The bass also gets worse.

advertisement

Back