advertisement

Speaker options for large narrow kitchen

Apart from the low impedance load, there's nothing stopping you from using car audio speakers in the ceiling or walls, or a good fullrange driver. Car speaker crossovers don't have baffle step correction (BSC) in the crossover because they are flush mounted into an infinite baffle (not to be confused with what some people call a sealed loudspeaker).

Apart from the low impedance load, there's nothing stopping you from using car audio speakers in the ceiling or walls, or a good fullrange driver. Car speaker crossovers don't have baffle step correction (BSC) in the crossover because they are flush mounted into an infinite baffle (not to be confused with what some people call a sealed loudspeaker).
Plus you could slap in some serious Audison DSP :)

OP here again, thanks everyone! Plenty of food for thought... I've a SuperUniti and P3ESRs in the sitting room and was planning to either use my spare UQ2, UQ2 + power amp, or power amp from the SU's pre-out to drive the kitchen. I had thought about a Muso where the Bose Wave unit is but it wouldn't fit there.

The bose sounds OK but the streaming side of it isn't great and I wanted to be able to play the same source in the sitting room and kitchen - I could run a line out from the SU's digital out to the Bose but I'm trying to make it more usable for my family (who are here a fair bit) as well.

I like the idea of ceiling speakers but I'm also inclined to try some wall mounts as they're easier to move if the positioning doesn't work out.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom