advertisement

Speaker Crossover Question

ntom

pfm Member
I am in the process of completing a home extension & wiring the house for sound! In the kitchen I am using some Systemline speakers with a QED MusiQ room amp driving them. The room amp is capable of running two independent systems....
I am only using one side so I thought i'd bi-amp the in-wall speakers & utilise both sides of the amp (in party mode), & split the input crossover.

Looking at the crossover I see the resistor+capacitor & inductor for the two speaker sections (2-way drivers). There is also a single small disc (looks like...a) capacitor (no values on it) which is on the speaker input (common to low & hf sections). What is the purpose of this -is it just for protection i.e. can I just remove it?

Thx.

Thx guys... good call. Removed the offending component & checked it. Certainly not a capacitor -it's closed circuit so presume that's what it is.

My MusiQ room amp can be set up in party mode to output to both in-built power amps at the same time so might as well utilise 4 core speaker cable & all 4 power channels....don't suppose I'll notice much improvement but hey....

I'll go ahead & split the crossover.....

advertisement

Back