advertisement

Speaker choice

Whatever you chose i dare say the price may increase before you ask the entire planet which pair to pick 🥳 .

Whatever you chose i dare say the price may increase before you ask the entire planet which pair to pick 🥳 .
All the speakers I've listed seem available second hand,and I'll only buy used (eventually ex demo) at a good price.
Through my experience I know might want a change again in future 😉

If you're considering the Raidho then you might want to consider the new Boressen X1. Similar price, same designer, but apparently improved performance, mid range is supposed to be more fleshed out and a few other magic tricks (never heard them myself but I'm considering those and the Z1)

Similarly, if the Dynaudio Confidence 20 is on your radar then keep your eye out for some Dynaudio Heritage Specials which, if you can find a pair, will be about half the price of the 20s without giving too much in performance terms and in some areas arguably better.

Good luck with the hunt. Keep us updated (I'm interested in a few of those on your list!)

If you're considering the Raidho then you might want to consider the new Boressen X1. Similar price, same designer, but apparently improved performance, mid range is supposed to be more fleshed out and a few other magic tricks (never heard them myself but I'm considering those and the Z1)

Similarly, if the Dynaudio Confidence 20 is on your radar then keep your eye out for some Dynaudio Heritage Specials which, if you can find a pair, will be about half the price of the 20s without giving too much in performance terms and in some areas arguably better.

Good luck with the hunt. Keep us updated (I'm interested in a few of those on your list!)
Thanks
If you read my post earlier on I am only looking on the second hand market .

This way I can afford (stretching really) confidence 20 which are about £10 k new in UK at the moment.

So generally speaking can get a second hand confidence 20 roughly for a price of say new borresen x1 Inc.stands.

Now it's just the question -are the dynaudio confidence 20 worth it ?

Are the confidence boring ,unexciting sounding speakers?
I've read all the reviews and people opinions that they're not the most energetic or exciting ...

Quite obviously Dyns are not BBC monitors or Audio Note, if you’re looking for specific sound signature any speaker may not fit but who knows

Thanks
If you read my post earlier on I am only looking on the second hand market .

This way I can afford (stretching really) confidence 20 which are about £10 k new in UK at the moment.

So generally speaking can get a second hand confidence 20 roughly for a price of say new borresen x1 Inc.stands.

Now it's just the question -are the dynaudio confidence 20 worth it ?

They have lots of fans. The boring answer, of course, is the only way you'll know is by listening to them.

If I had space in my room I'd be tempted by these bad boys, if Raidho is your thing (based purely on reviews, never actually heard them): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11607888...pid=5338728743&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1 They retail for about £16k I believe

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They have lots of fans. The boring answer, of course, is the only way you'll know is by listening to them.

If I had space in my room I'd be tempted by these bad boys, if Raidho is your thing (based purely on reviews, never actually heard them): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11607888...pid=5338728743&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1 They retail for about £16k I believe
These looking awesome but too expensive for me at this moment of time.
Also think they're designed for larger rooms...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back