advertisement

Speaker cable suggestions for Rega system

coyg

pfm Member
System will be Leema Xero - Rega saturn & Rega Maia / Cursa or Elicit
Currently i'm using Sonic link silver aero biwire and i'm perfectly happy with it, the only reason for change is the stereo is going to be moved so i'll be needing longer and unequal lengths . ( about 9m in total )

I know the obvious choice would be Regas own brand but i thought i'd see what others might suggestion.
I'd also like it to be fairly thin so i can hide it in trunking .
I also don't need Biwire and would like some jumpers made of whatever cable i choose.

Suggestions please

I've beamed the thread over to the audio room.

Hope a horrible transporter accident hasn't occurred.

Joe

producto14469.jpg

109945.jpg

Rega Duet is the logical choice but at a lower price is the excellent Talk T3. Both work extremely well with a Rega system.

I personally always found that Chord Company cables were a pretty good match for Rega equipment.

How about Chord Sarsen (very thin, so good for trunking) or possibly Rumour 2?

Some believe that unequal lengths give rise to unequal amp loading or a change in response between speakers. The reality is (providing that your amp isn't one of those designs relying on cable inductance to damp the output stage) that it makes very little difference. You can use a 2m cable one channel and one 5m long the other channel with perhaps less than a 0.15 Ohm difference in loop resistance between the two of them.

Using Cable Talk 3 with Rega Brio+ and ATC SCM 11s. It was usefully better than the first cable I tried, a Belkin chunky thing that I had kicking around.

I had chord rumour, when i needed 2 x 11 m lengths the price of '' branded'' cable becomes eyewatering. I moved to 4mm Van Damme blue, and noted that beyond the cable. Reaching from the exons to the speakers nothing changed.

Any other suggestions guys ?

The cable talk 3 looks good vfm .

Anyone have any experience of the older cable talk 3.1 ?

I use an all Rega set up and have all wired with Cardas Quadlink to good effect. I like a more natural sound however.

REGA FS QUATTRO or latest = DUET

personal experiences:

(a) I had the QUATTRO bi-wires that bested the VDH hybrid, and were ultimately bested out by a nose to the ATLAS HYPER 3 bi-wires in my "B" system
(b) I ran them in my "A" system comfortably until my NORDOSTS (a big jump up the cost yardstick) came in

IMO VERDICT:

(1) one of the best cost -to-performance values out there
(2) Goliath killer performance way above its weight class
(3) top suggestion to preserve that je ne sais quoi REGA synergy

I use Rega Quattro with my Elicit R & RS3, I did try the Duet on loan and could not distinguish them

The Qauttro is cheap and just works

People tend to be put off quattro because seems too cheap , in fact as mentioned above it is excellent value and works with other makes as well

advertisement

Back