advertisement

Speaker Cable Plugs

Mike g

pfm Member
Hey all

About to do some rearranging which will require me to re-terminate my speaker cables with new plugs. Looking for something that preferably I don't need to solder (ie the screw ones) if poss and cheap as I'll need 16 of them. Might upgrade them over time. Sort of thing is what dealers use for terminating ie no name/brands. Would consider using spades.

Any suggestions? Speaker cable is mogami biwire to go from a couple of nap 110s to my spendors.

Cheers

Mike

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=290751348595

I got some like these on ebay. Really heavy duty, nice and chunky with loads of room for naim cable and such like. Can be tightened up good and firm.
The various bits unscrew and the plug has a rotating spring grip that may or may not be your preference, but they work fine and are really easy to fit. I think the price is pretty good too, but then there's loads of different types to choose from on ebay.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looks good and I bought some similar looking ones. Having had an accident with metal plugs some years ago I now arrange them so one cable is a couple of inches longer than the other so if the cables get pulled out when the amp is turned on there is a reduced chance of the metal bodies touching and hurting the amp.

Looking for something that preferably I don't need to solder (ie the screw ones) if poss and cheap as I'll need 16 of them

Look no further, Mike. I'm using these and found them to be perfect. :)
0534E-002.jpg

( http://www.nakamichiplug.com/product-0534E12.html )

These Nakamichi bananaplugs are cheap as chips, but they're a very noticable improvement on the end of my speakercable, using a Rega Brio-R amp.

Nakamichi_plugs.JPG

In fact...before I ordered the plugs I considered selling the amp as it lacked a little sparkle/attack when using the cable with bare twisted wire ends.
I didn't order these plugs because I expected them to be a sonic improvement, but because the speaker terminals on the Bio-R are very close to eachother.

These plugs are very easy to connect to the bare and of a cable.
(as long as the cable is not thicker than appr. 4mm)

regards,
Alco

advertisement

Back