advertisement

Speaker cable nCore to SCM35

mcai7et2

pfm Member
So I have just spent a metric buttload of money on a pair of nCore monoblock kits and ATC SCM35 speakers. I suspect that my current 42 strand speaker cable isn't quite up to the job (it isn't long enough anyway), but I have no idea what would be a good match for the new kit.

Any suggestions of sensibly priced cable?

So I have just spent a metric buttload of money on a pair of nCore monoblock kits and ATC SCM35 speakers. I suspect that my current 42 strand speaker cable isn't quite up to the job (it isn't long enough anyway), but I have no idea what would be a good match for the new kit.

This is the opposite of what I used to believe, but with balanced inputs being relatively insensitive to cable quality, and so much cheaper than speaker cable, it's the way to go. The money you save can go to room treatment. My NCore results in much stronger room modes ! The extra detail is allowed to make itself heard with more HF absorbtion

CDQ > NCore > Inakustik LS803 > B&W 805d

And what is a sensible price OP?

You have spent a shed load and realise to string it together with bell wire is not a good idea!

Something from Mogami or Van Damme with give you a better quality cable without costing a fortune, relatively speaking.

I suspect that my current 42 strand speaker cable isn't quite up to the job (it isn't long enough anyway), but I have no idea what would be a good match for the new kit.

79 strand...

advertisement

Back